Ubisoft is always committed to improving the Rainbow Six Siege experience for all players. That is why, with today’s update Y6S4.2 patch, game developers are aiming to fix a couple of issues that have been causing crashes. They’re also going to collect data from active cases, which will help them further investigate the problem.
Update Y6S4.2 (2.18) (1.000.022) for Rainbow Six Siege is now available to download for PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. Rainbow 6 Siege 2.18 patch notes reveal that various changes and bugs have been fixed in this update. Aside from the above, Rainbow Six Siege version 2.18 also contains general stability fixes. This update solves not just the Xbox audio problem, but also the balance issues with various operators.
An earlier update added a new operator, balanced the game, tweaked it, and fixed more issues.
Despite the recent updates, players still report issues with the game. With today’s R6 Siege update 2.18, a few of these issues will be addressed.
Players can download the update now on all platforms that support it. It is recommended that you have 2.49 GB of storage space on Ubisoft, 1.01 GB on Steam, 2.14 GB of storage on Xbox One, 2.54 GB of storage on Series X, 2.68 GB of storage on PS4, and 1.99 GB of storage on PS5.
Rainbow Six Siege Update Y6S4.2 (2.18) Patch Notes (1.000.022) Details, January 25, 2022
Check the Rainbow Six Siege update 2.18 release notes to see what new changes were added, as well as bug fixes and known issues. Following are the patch notes for Rainbow Six Siege Y6S4.2 for all supported platforms:
Y6S4.2 Update Patch Download Size
Find the download sizes for each platform below.
- Ubisoft Connect: 2.49 GB
- Steam: 1.01 GB
- Xbox One: 2.14 GB
- Xbox Series X: 2.58 GB
- PS4: 2.68 GB
- PS5: 1.99 GB
AN UPDATE ON XBOX AUDIO ISSUES
- Investigations are ongoing for the crashes related to audio issues on Xbox and it’s suspected to be related to sound data corruption.
- Today’s patch aims to help limit the number of crashes related to these issues and will allow the team to collect data from active cases to help further investigations.
- A new icon (see below) has been introduced and will appear in-game when a related audio issue is identified on your end.
- If you see this audio icon, rebooting the console at your earliest convenience should help avoid the issue and minimize the chance of crashing.
- The team will continue to share progress updates via the Siege Twitter account as a more extensive fix for this issue is worked on.
- Muzzle Brake attachment can be equipped on the MK14.
- Reduced damage to 25 (from 35).
- Reduced Extended Barrel attachment damage modifier to be consistent with other weapons.
ELA & ZOFIA
- Concussion effect of Grzmot Mine and KS79 no longer affects movement speed.
FIXED – Camera goes out of bounds for an Attacker that’s watching a death replay when the end of round replay begins.
FIXED – Bulletproof cam remains visually present when the deploy animation is interrupted.
FIXED – Fuze’s Cluster charge cannot be deployed on Mira’s Black Mirror.
FIXED – Razorbloom and Grzmot mine can be activated through a soft wall if the wall is shot with a small caliber weapon.
FIXED – Ping doesn’t function when looking at a lower angle with Twitch’s Shock Drone.
FIXED – Destruction, clipping, and lighting issues on various maps.
FIXED – LOD issues on various maps.
FIXED – Some devices can be hidden behind the bookshelf in 2F CEO Office on Bank map.
FIXED – While using a controller, player cannot lean and hold Ying’s Candela at the same time.
FIXED – Animation is missing for the Victory Celebration of Ash’s Black Viper elite.
FIXED – Crash occurs when players shoot a certain locations on some maps.
FIXED – Various UI issues.
FIXED – Various BattlePass issues.
FIXED – Various shop issues.
FIXED – The game soft locks when changing the mouse sensibility while eliminated.
FIXED – Various audio and SFX issues.
FIXED – Various localization issues.
FIXED – Various customization issues.
FIXED – Players is removed for inactivity on Xbox after disconnecting and reconnecting a controller during a match.
FIXED – Missing text on 3D preview in Packs after previewing items from different categories.
FIXED – Player gets redirected to the home screen after interrupting a Pack opening by pressing ESC.
FIXED – Compass Location and Orientation doesn’t update for a caster when switching from one player in first person to another in third person.
FIXED – Various HUD issues.