First OTA upgrade with a latest version number XM037 for Xiaomi Mi Watch has been official announced. Xiaomi Mi Watch will officially get its first OTA upgrade during the December 3rd to 5th time period in China. This Xiaomi Mi Watch OTA update will come with some major fixes. The latest OTA will solve the key issues of watch charging, stutter optimization, Optimised Sogue input method and fixes weather location information.
However, some users already tested this OTA and reported that fluency improved a lot and no charging issue as it solved.
How To Upgarde Xiaomi Mi Watch Firmware to Latest Version
In just case, if you do not any notification for the new firmware upgrade then do it manually. Just open the watch settings → system → about → click system update. And pause for a while. When the system update can be checked, the system update will be downloaded automatically.
Before you go for the OTA upgrade version XM037, you should check official recommendation. According to the teased poster, Download the update using your WiFi as it will provide you faster download speed. The poster also reveals that you should turn off the Bluetooth of the watch and plug it into the charger while upgrading.
Xiaomi Mi Watch OTA Version XM037 Changelog
iOS App goes live
- Xiaomi Wear App launched for iOS to improve iOS user experience.
Optimize the pairing experience
- Optimized the issue of watch freeze in the first few minutes after pairing the watch for the first time.
- Application market, watch market browsing, download experience optimization
- When downloading apps in the watch face/app store, use WiFi first to make the download experience smoother.
Notification prompt repair
- Addressed issue where the watch still receives app notifications after receiving some app notifications in the Xiaomi Wear App.
Interactive optimization of Sogou input method
- Sogou input method has added tutorials guide to users, how to switch input methods.
Weather positioning optimization
- Fix weather location information is not refreshed.