The Riftbreaker is a new take on the classic hack & slash action RPG genre. This is an action RPG game made by EXOR Studios. The developer studio published the game on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Microsoft PC. Not only this, this game is also available on Xbox Game Pass as a day one release.
Orbital Scanner: What is it & Why is it Important?
Everything comes at a cost. The Riftbreaker’s orbital scanner requires an insane amount of resources to build, consumes a lot of energy, and takes up excessive space. The process will also drain your energy reserves quickly, so it’s important to save up energy for the construction as well as the usage of the Riftbreaker after its completion. Due to the nature of the construction and building of the technology, it requires a large sum of energy to the amount of -500/sec. The Riftbreaker’s space requirements make this one of the most expensive parts of the game.
Although setting up the Riftbreaker can take a significant amount of time and resources, it’s worth the investment. The orbital scanner is one of the most valuable tools you can have because it can scan entire planets to find valuable resources, artifacts, and other settlements.
Able to travel quickly, the riftbreaker is an impressive ship. The orbital scanner is a vital part of the riftbreaker. It will give you the ability to rift jump directly to any area on each planet. So it is essential to build an orbital scanner to unlock the Geoscanner.
Getting a Geoscanner Unlocked for Free
- In the beginning, we must conduct research. Hence, communication hubs are necessary. So, we must build a communications hub.
- The next step would be to upgrade your headquarters to level 2.
- As a part of the base and building technology, you will find the orbital scanning technology in the 3rd row and in the last column.
- Once this is done, the communication hub must be equipped with orbital scanning technology.
- It is necessary to complete the orbital scanning technology, followed by the cobalt handling technology. The drill icon is located on the 3rd row and 7th column.
- At the end of the game, the Geoscanner will be unlocked after completing the technological development related to cobalt. The Geoscanner now allows you to mine cobalt.
Also Read: The Riftbreaker: Guide To Repair Multiple Buildings At Once?
The Basics of Using a Geoscanner
- After you’ve acquired the Geoscanner, you can use it with the middle mouse button on a mouse or LB+RB on a controller.
- On a controller, hold down the space bar or the “X” button to activate the Geoscanner.
- It should indicate if you’re close to rare minerals. Make sure to follow the scanner’s directions.
- A rare mineral is identified if the scanner starts beeping loudly and the location is marked when you are close to it.
- Then, using your Geoscanner, you can locate the rare mineral within the yellow circle on the map.