A new version of Windows 11 has been released recently by Microsoft. Indeed, it is one of the most popular operating systems available today. Gaming enthusiasts and non-gamers alike use Discord, a VoIP application. With Discord, you can have voice chats. When you use Discord, you might not be able to hear others as Discord allows people to have voice conversations. Discord, however, does not provide incoming sound during voice channels on Windows 11. You can use these solutions to solve your problems.
How to fix no incoming sound on Discord
Configuration of the audio
- You can find the “Settings” option by clicking the “Windows icon.”
- Select Sound from the System tab.
- You can access more sound settings by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
- Be sure your headphones are marked as the default device under the “Playback tab”.
- Select the headset and then click on properties from the right-click menu.
- The sound level should be set to a moderate range on the Levels tab. A good choice is 60 to 70.
- Choose Advanced from the menu.
- Under Exclusive mode, you must check both boxes.
- Applying the changes and then clicking OK will save them.
If you have finished configuring the headset, close the window.
- As before, from the Windows menu, open the Device Manager.
- Select Audio inputs and outputs and expand the list.
- Simply right-click the Output Audio device you are using.
- Then click Automatically update drivers under Update drivers.
- The system will automatically download any available updates from the internet.
Configuring the Discord Settings
Final step is to make small adjustments to Discord’s settings.
- Launch the Discord application. Restart it if it has already been running in the background.
- To open Account Settings, click the Gear icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigate to Voice and Video in the App Settings.
- Be sure that the output device listed in the list is the device you are using.
- The Audio subsystem can be found by scrolling down.
- You can now choose Legacy over standard.
- Try joining a voice channel now after closing your account settings.
You may find these methods helpful. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling Discord if you are still experiencing the no incoming sound issue. Some corrupt files may cause this to happen.