If you’re trying to play on Yuzu Emulator and you’re also getting the vcruntime140_1.dll not found error, then this is for you. Yuzu Emulator is a wonderful tool for playing games on your PC, however, many users are facing “vcruntime140_1.dll was not found” error with this emulator. But fret not, we have outlined some of the solutions to the issue and also provided a download link to the manual patch file of vcruntime140_1.dll so that you can easily fix the issue yourself.
Emulators are computer programs that can mimic the functionality of other hardware systems. They allow you to play video games and even other applications that were not meant for your particular operating system. But problem with emulators is that they require additional files in order to work. Sometimes these files are not present in your PC, display error on computer. For example: – Yuzu Emulator vcruntime140_1.dll not found error. Here’s how can resolve it for Yuzu Emulator.
Table of Contents
About Yuzu Emulator
Yuzu emulator is our ideal choice. This free and open-source emulator allows you to play your favorite Nintendo Switch games with great accuracy, graphics, and audio on your Windows, or Linux system. Yuzu is a cross-platform emulator for Nintendo Switch (working title), developed by Externally to the Citra project, from which it was forked. At first, Yuzu only ran test programs and homebrew software, but as of July 2019, a handful of commercial games work in an early development build.
Yuzu Emulator: How to fix vcruntime140_1.dll was not found & missing error
One of the common issues that you might face while using Yuzu Emulator is vcruntime140_1.dll not found. It can be quite annoying and frustrating but in reality it is very easy to fix this issue. Basically, there is a file missing or corrupted from your Windows and you can fix this error by replacing the missing/corrupted file from other location or using the below-given solutions. vcruntime140_1.dll not found error is fixed by this guide.
Solution 1: Download vcruntime140_1.dll to fix Yuzu Emulator Error
When you are a Windows user, you will come across different error codes and messages. The infamous error code 0x80320015 or Yuzu Emulator Error is a common thing among all PC users. You try to launch an application or video game, and you get an error message that says the program can’t start because vcruntime140_1.dll was not found or missing.
The vcruntime140_1.dll not found or missing error is a common problem that can happen to any user. As the name of the error suggests, the error will happen when you cannot find the file named “vcruntime140_1.dll” anywhere on your computer. This article is going to explain how you can fix this issue in a short time.
- Download the dll file you need at this link. The file requirements should match your system specifications.
- Download the zip file and extract it to a folder.
- Next, copy vcruntime140_1.dll from the folder
- Find Yuzu Emulator’s file location.
- Now paste the copied file in the yuzu-windows-msvc folder.
- After a while, you won’t be bothered by this error anymore.
Solution 2: Install latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
The Yuzu emulator has a compatibility issue with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, so you must install it in order to make emulators work correctly. After downloading the .exe file and installing the redistributable files, your operating system will be able to run Yuzu without any problems. Please follow the steps below to fix the Yuzu Emulator “vcruntime140_1.dll was not found” error:
- First of all you need to Download the latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable file in your computer. To download latest supported Visual C++ visit at this link.
- Here you will find Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. These all share the same redistributable files. Download the x64 versions of the Visual Studio C++.
- Download this setup and click on it install.
- Now either repair/Install this setup. If the setup is already installed, you will see “Repair” option otherwise install it as normally you do in Windows system.
- You can now open Yuzu Emulator again after installing.
Solution 3: Updates Windows system
If you’re having issues with your Windows PC, you can check whether there are any updates for your drivers. If you have any devices or programs that are not working correctly, you can use the Windows Update to fix those. To check for the latest Windows update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for Updates.
I hope this guide has been helpful to you in solving the “vcruntime140_1.dll was not found” error. If you have tried the steps and continue to experience difficulties, please feel free to share your problem in the comments.