Magisk is a very popular tool for rooting and unrooting mobile devices from a long period of time. With the use of you can gain root access for Android phones, MagiskHide for bypassing root detection, and the most valued feature called the Google’s SafetyNet bypass. Now the developer of the tool called topjohnwu has released a new version of tool Magisk v20.4 with script consistency changes. The version 20.4 brings many bug fixes that the previous version had. You can now download and install latest stable Magisk 20.4 zip and compatible Magisk Managerr 7.5.1 APK.
But before you proceed further to download the zip file of the tool, just look at what is the new features, changes, and fixes that the latest version Magisk v20.4 brings.
The latest Magisk 20.4 works on all Android OS above 4.2. It will now support the following tasks: Support Tegra Partition naming, Support patching special Motorolla DTB format, Support NAND based boot images, Support ‘genfscon’ policy rules, and Support Lineage Recovery for Android 10+.
The latest version has fixed the “potential boot loop in A-only 2SI devices” issue properly.
Here’s the official changelog for Magisk v20.4:
- [MagiskInit] Fix potential bootloop in A-only 2SI devices
- [MagiskInit] Properly support Tegra partition naming
- [General] Load libsqlite.so dynamically, which removes the need to use wrapper scripts on Android 10+
- [General] Detect API level with a fallback method on some devices
- [General] Workaround possible bug in x86 kernel readlinkat system call
- [BusyBox] Enable SELinux features. Add chcon/runcon etc., and ‘-Z’ option to many applets
- [BusyBox] Introduce standalone mode. More details in release notes
- [MagiskHide] Disable MagiskHide by default
- [MagiskHide] Add more potential detectable system properties
- [MagiskHide] Add workaround for Xiaomi devices bootloop when MagiskHide is enabled on cross-region ROMs
- [MagiskBoot] Support patching special Motorolla DTB format
- [MagiskPolicy] Support ‘genfscon’ sepolicy rules
- [Scripts] Support NAND based boot images (character nodes in /dev/block)
- [Scripts] Better addon.d (both v1 and v2) support
- [Scripts] Support Lineage Recovery for Android 10+