NHL 22, the most recently released ice hockey simulator from EA Sports, is one of the best online games ever created. The game contains total of 4 modes, including HUT 22 (Ultimate Team), World of Chel, Be A Pro, and Franchise Mode. However, if there’s one thing that can get on someone’s nerve, it’s when a multiplayer match gets interrupted and you’re kicked out of an online game. One of the most popular sports games from Electronic Arts is also plagued by EA servers not connecting bug and countless players have been experiencing it. Quite often, you may encounter an issue of being kicked out from the EA servers when you try to play online. If you have been facing the same problem, don’t worry because you can try out the following solutions that will help you fix NHL 22 not connecting to EA servers.
What Causes NHL 22 Not Connecting To EA Servers?
The error may be caused by several different factors, including:
- Your network connections are blocked by your firewall or antivirus software.
- Your device is using an outdated or corrupt game driver.
- Your game version is outdated or corrupted. You have a poor internet connection and you’re experiencing disconnects from the NHL 22 servers.
- The NHL 22 servers might be down and inaccessible from your location.
- The NHL 22 servers are overloaded with traffic because many other players are simultaneously attempting to connect to the same server as you.
- The NHL 22 servers are undergoing maintenance for specific regions, meaning that certain users cannot access them.
- There’s a bug in the game preventing you from connecting to its online services.
How To Fix NHL 22 Not Connecting To EA Servers Issues
Don’t you just hate it when you’re playing NHL 22 and get kicked out of the EA’s servers? I mean, who likes to be interrupted at the most important stages of the own game? Well, if you are currently facing this issue and looking for a way to fix it, then this article is surely for you. We have listed some of the best fixes that will help you avoid the “NHL 22 Not Connecting To EA Servers Issues” and get back to enjoying the multiplayer mode on NHL 22 .
If you’re met with an error message saying “NHL 22 is not connecting to EA servers,” something has gone awry with your internet connection. Here are some ways you can fix this problem:
Restart NHL 22 To Fix Servers Issues
Sometimes you need to restart your game to fix issues. If you’re having problems with NHL 22, you may want to try restarting the game: close out of it completely and then open it back up. It’s also a good idea to restart your computer if you believe the problem is related to something else running on your computer — this will free up space for NHL 22 and release system resources.
Disable Antivirus Temporarily
If you’re still experiencing issues with the game, another thing you can try is to disable your antivirus temporarily. Antivirus programs are designed to protect your computer from malware, spyware, and other malicious files and software. But sometimes these programs block certain files that they think might be harmful to the system and this can lead to connectivity issues or other errors in games.
Make Sure You Have Stable Internet Connection
First and foremost, you need to make sure that your internet connection is functioning properly. Check whether your internet speed is stable and sufficient for online gaming. You can use SpeedTest.net to test your internet speed and see if it meets the recommended system requirements for NHL 22 on Xbox One: *5 Mbps download speed and 1 Mbps upload speed*.
Also, If you’re trying to connect to the EA servers via a wireless connection, try switching to a wired one. Wireless connections are more prone to interference and dropouts than wired ones. Wireless connections are not as stable or consistent as their wired counterparts, and can be subject to interference or dropouts that aren’t present in wired connections. You can easily create a wired connection by purchasing an inexpensive Ethernet cable (sometimes called a LAN cable) and plugging it into your computer’s Ethernet port. If you don’t have one, an adapter may be necessary.”
If the internet connection is good, but you are still unable to connect NHL 22 to EA servers, then try another method from the list. In most of the cases restarting the router resolves this issue effectively.
Restart Router To Fix NHL 22 Not Connecting To EA Servers
A router issue might be the culprit for NHL 22 connectivity issues, so resetting it may do the trick. If you’re having issues connecting to EA Servers in NHL 22, then a power cycle of your router might be the solution. We’ve outlined steps below on how to perform this process. For those who aren’t familiar with networking, don’t worry – it’s an easy fix that doesn’t require any advanced technical knowledge. To power cycle your router: Unplug all the power cables from the back of your router and wait for a couple minutes. After that, plug it back in and give it some time to boot up. Then, try starting NHL 22 again — if the server issue still exists or is new, try next method to fix this issue.
Change Your DNS Servers Settings
When playing multiplayer games like NHL 22, it’s always a good idea to make sure you’re getting the best connection possible. Most people know DNS servers are behind the scenes in-game servers that control how fast your connection is — but did you know they can often help you get a better performance in these games? Well, Of course, they do.
Using Google DNS for your gaming connection is the best way to get a smooth and reliable experience. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to change your DNS to Google DNS.
Solution For Windows PC
- In the first step, press Windows Key + I on your keyboard to open the Windows Settings.
- Navigate to the Network & Internet section and select Change adapter options.
- Right-click on the network you are using and choose Properties.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and go to the Properties.
- Look for the “Use the following DNS server addresses” and enter 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 for Google DNS and click Ok. Now, you are done.
Solution For PlayStation 4
- Go to the PlayStation’s main menu and select Settings.
- Navigate to Network Settings > Internet Connections > Custom.
- If you are using cable, select LAN, and if you are using wireless, select Wi-Fi.
- Choose Custom after that, and select Automatic for the IP address setting. In addition, for DHCP hosts, don’t specify the host name; manually set DNS settings, notably 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199; Automatically set MTU settings; and do not use proxy servers.
- All done. Now, start the PlayStation 4 by saving and restarting it.
Solution For PS5
- To begin, Go to the Home Screen and select Settings > Network > Settings.
- Here, look for the Set Up Internet Connection > Set Up Manually > Wi-Fi or LAN.
- Now, go to the DNS Settings, enter 188.8.131.52 as Primary DNS > Add 184.108.40.206 as Secondary DNS
Solution For Xbox One
- Click on Xbox button, then go to Settings > All Settings. Now nevigate to the Network > Advanced Settings
- In Advance Settings, go to the DNS Settings and then click on Manual. Now, here you have to Enter Primary DNS as 220.127.116.11 > Enter Secondary DNS as 18.104.22.168
Solution For Xbox Series X|S
- Open your console, Go to the Configuration > General > Network Configuration > Advanced Settings
- In Advance Settings, select DNS Settings > Manual > Enter Primary DNS as 22.214.171.124 > Enter Secondary DNS as 126.96.36.199
Update NHL 22 To Latest Version
Sometimes, the NHL 22 servers may not be able to work properly because of a problem with an outdated version of the game. In order to avoid this, you can try updating your NHL 22 game. Updating your games is also crucial for security reasons and sometimes, it will allow some features that were previously unavailable. Updating your game is really important and should be done immediately if an update for NHL 22 is available.
Verify The Integrity Of Game Files
If corrupted game files are stopping your NHL 22 from connecting to EA servers, you can fix this by verifying the integrity of the game files in Steam. To do that:
- Launch Steam and go to your library.
- Right-click on NHL 22 from the list of games.
- Click ‘Properties’ from the options menu.
- Click on the ‘Local files’ tab.
- Select ‘Verify integrity of game files…’ It may take a while for this process to complete, so be sure to have some snacks nearby as you wait it out.
As you might know, VPNs – virtual private networks – encrypt the traffic that passes through them. They’re a useful tool for privacy and security on the web, but they can also cause problems with your internet connection on a more basic level. For example, your VPN might slow down your internet connection speed, or it could even change your IP address. If you’re having trouble connecting to EA games from behind a VPN, you should try disabling it and trying again.
Check If EA Servers Experiencing Outage
If EA servers aren’t working properly, then you won’t be able to connect to the game. While this can happen at any time of the day, it is more common during peak hours when thousands of players try to access the system simultaneously. If you suspect server-related issues, then check on EA’s website and social media pages. They usually post updates on their Twitter page and Facebook page within minutes of a disruption in service. You can also visit their Reddit page or forums and look for existing threads that discuss server-related issues.
The EA outage tracker at Downdetector reveals any problems that might be affecting the streaming channel.
NHL 22 Overview
NHL 22 is an ice hockey simulation video game developed by EA Vancouver and published by EA Sports. It is the 31st installment in the NHL game series and released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 15, 2021. The cover athletes are Auston Matthews of the Toronto Maple Leafs, who is featured on the North American cover and Nico Hischier of the New Jersey Devils on the European cover.
NHL 22 offers a realistic gameplay experience, where you feel yourself as if you are really playing ice hockey. With the customization feature, you get to create your own unique players, teams and arenas. You can also play matches with players from all over the world, or play a single match against another player.
We hope that the tips and tricks shared in the article above help you to Fix NHL 22 Not Connecting To EA Servers issue. If there are additional methods which worked for you, we would like to hear from you too and add them to the list of solutions above. We will be glad to hear from you. Thanks for reading and happy gaming!