When you encounter errors, your gaming experience can be adversely affected. The PS4 account issue can be even more frustrating, especially considering your account is also affected. When attempting to login, some users receive the message “This account cannot be signed into on this PS4 (WS-44949-0)”.
There is no concrete reason why the PS4 is displaying the error code WS-44949-0 at the moment. This error is not currently listed in any official database. There is nothing on the Sony website about it. The purpose of this article is to explain how to fix the PS4 Error Code WS-44949-0 “cannot be signed into on this PS4” issue. To fix this error, please read the following instructions.
How To Fix PlayStation 4 Error Code WS-44949-0
The PS4 Error Code WS-44949-0 can occur randomly and intermittently. But no one knows why this is happening. It may occur due to several different factors. However, it has some super easy fix. It’s important to know how to fix the PS4 Error Code WS-44949-0 as soon as possible, or your system will continue to produce this error code over and over again without you even realizing it.
Solution #1 – Reset PS4 Password
Error code WS-44949-0 is the most common error message issued when having issues signing into your Playstation 4 console’s Playstation Network. You will need to make some simple changes on your console or online before you will be able to sign in to the PlayStation Network again.
The guide below will help those who are unfamiliar with how to change their PS4 password. We will teach you to change and reset your PS4 account password in this technical guide.
- Click on Settings > Account Management > Sign In.
- You need to click the triangle icon, and then choose Next on the sign-in screen. An email with a link to change your password is sent to the email address you used to sign in.
- In that email will be a secure link that will allow you to change your password. You will receive the verification email within moments. To find out what to do if you do not receive it within 24 hours, click here.
- Use a combination of letter and number combinations, and special characters to create your new password by clicking on the secure link.
Solution #2 – Restart PlayStation
In order to fix PlayStation 4 Error Code WS-44949-0, we recommend simply restarting your system, or turning it completely off and on again. This the easiest way to fix the PlayStation 4 error code. WS-44949-0 Error Code on PlayStation 4 may be caused by a range of issues, or there may be more than one issue with your PlayStation system.
A restart of your PlayStation console might solve the problem. In most cases, this resolves the problem. For those who are not successful, try the following solution.
Solution #3 – PlayStation Network Status Check
The PlayStation Network (PSN) is experiencing problems, preventing you from accessing your games or your account. When you get the PlayStation error code WS-44949-0 on PS4, look online to see if the PlayStation Network (PSN) is functioning normally. You can’t connect to PSN and login because of a problem with your PlayStation Network account. In the event of a outage or downed PSN, wait for the system to update network status, then try again.
In order to rectify this issue, please ensure that your PlayStation is connected to a hardwire ethernet connection as opposed to a wireless connection as it seems as if this is your network being affected. The PS4 won’t have any network issues with this method. There have been a lot of issues resolved through this.
Solution #4 – Set The Wi-Fi Band To 5 Gigahertz
You should consider using the 5 gigahertz band. However, if you are unable to, that is okay as well. However, it would be great if it were possible to change the Wi-Fi frequency bands from automatic to 5 GHz. You may want to try that. Try 2.5 gigahertz or leave it automatically, if it doesn’t fix the problem.
Solution #5 – Configure DNS Settings
The steps below will guide you through fixing the PS4 Error Code WS-44949-0. It is only a matter of making a few adjustments to fix this problem. The steps are simple: go to your Wi-fi network and select the advanced settings.
Set DNS to manual in the advanced settings, and set Primary DNS to 126.96.36.199 and Secondary DNS to 188.8.131.52. If you follow these steps, you should be able to fix PS4 Error WS-44949-0, and no further problems should arise.
The East Coast Pacific location of this DNS server might not be suitable for users outside of the U.S. However, there are hundreds of fast and reliable DNS servers available online. If you don’t already use one, you should do so.
- [Solved] How To Fix PS4 Error Code WS-43709-3: What To Do When You Got It On Your PS5
- [Solved] How To Fix PS4 Error Code NP-32182-6 | Easy Troubleshooting Guide To Fix PS4 Server Issue
- How to Fix PS4 Error Code NW-31291-6 | WiFi Connectivity Error
- How to Fix Error Code WC-34737-4 on PS4 | Easy Guide to Fix Invalid Credit Card issue
- How To Fix Error SU-41766-4 on your PS4? Easy Guide to Fix It
- How to fix Error Code SU-30746-0 on PS4 ? Easy Guide
- PS4 Error Code SU-41350-3 Cannot Find the Update File: How to Fix It?