Nintendo Switch is one of the popular video game console in world. It is a hybrid video game console, consisting of a console unit, a dock, and two Joy-Con controllers. Unlike the other popular gaming console, it is a portable gaming console due to its size. The Nintendo Switch was unveiled on October 20, 2016, with the codename NX, which was developed by Nintendo. It was officially released worldwide in most regions on March 3, 2017.
Nintendo Switch provide great customer service, but sometimes errors that occur on this console can make you quite frustrate. Although Nintendo switch has tons of errors, but here we are talking about an error that lets you connect to a network but does not allow you to use it. Here we are talking about Nintendo switch error code 2011-0301 and provide you some guide on how to fix it ?
Players on Nintendo switch have reported that they are facing difficulty to connect to a Wi-Fi network. One of the users said that “Just got the switch but can’t connect to the Wi-Fi. I get the error 2011 0301 after connecting to the Wi-Fi but before it finds the internet. It makes me restart my device.”
Below, we have listed some solution for Nintendo switch error code 2011-0301. You can follow the steps to fix this issue.
Table of Contents
How to fix Nintendo switch error code 2011-0301 ?
1. Full Power Cycle
- First of all, restart the console. To do so, press and hold the power button for 3-4 seconds and select Power options from the menu and choose Restart.
- If you find difficulty in restart, then press and hold the power button for 12 seconds to perform a forced shutdown.
- Wait for a few seconds and restart your console once again.
Now, just wait for sometimes. Let’s boot up the console. This will probably solve the problem, and the error will not appear on your console display. However, if you are still seeing the error, follow the following steps given below –
- Go to the System menu version.
- Go to the bottom of the error screen and locate the information labeled as “Console System Version“.
This checkpoint will let you know whether your system is on latest version or you should update you system. If your system is on latest version, skip it and follow the next step. However, if you find out that your System Menu version is outdated, proceed to the “Update Menu Version” segment.
2. Initialize the Console
2.1 On Latest System Menu Version
- It is good to have the latest System Menu Version on your console. Now, power off the system and make you console initialize carefully. Please keep in mind that your game data should not delete.
2.2 Update to Latest System Menu Version
- As we said that, it is good to have the latest System Menu Version on your console. But, In case you do not have the latest version, you should probably update it to latest version. Now follow some set of steps to do so. First of all, turn off your console and update the system in maintenance mode. Now follow the steps below to access the maintenance mode.
- Shut down the Nintendo Switch.
- Press the both Volume Up and Down button together. While holding both the Volume Up and Down buttons, press and hold the Power button as well for a few seconds.
- Just wait for some seconds while holding all three buttons pressed until the Maintenance mode logo is displayed.
- Now update the console system from here.
Following these steps probably solve the Nintendo switch error and it should no longer be present. However, if you are still seeing this error code 2011-0301 then you should need to repaired Nintendo switch. Go to the Nintendo Support and book an online repair service.