Update 2.3.2 for Sea Of Thieves was just released by Rare Publishers, and here is the complete list of patch notes. Sea Of Thieves update 2.3.2 introduces the Feast of Bounty Event, the Pirate Emporium, and the Season Four Plunder Pass.
This update will weigh in at 7-9 GB for Windows and Steam, and 5.51-8 GB for Xbox One X and Xbox Series X. Here you’ll find all the info you need for Sea of Thieves Patch Notes: Update 2.3.2.
Sea Of Thieves Update 2.3.2 Patch Notes Details November 11, 2021
As we enter the final weeks of Season Four, November’s update brings in the Feast of Bounty Event and fresh Pirate Emporium stock including new emotes and legacy rewards from Season Three’s Plunder Pass. If you’re just jumping into this Season and keen to know what key features were introduced at its launch, check out the content update trailer…
Sea of Thieves Season Four: Official Content Update Trailer
The original release notes here also offer an in-depth breakdown of Season Four’s September launch content. Now read on to find out what’s being delivered in this final phase of the Season!
For those seeking something a little more focused than the intentionally wide-ranging Trials, each new Season delivers new time-limited in-game Events offering their own rewards. Find out what you can expect as Season Four concludes!
GAME EVENTS – RELEASE NOTES
Feast of Bounty (November 22nd–29th)
- It’s time for a harvest on the high seas with the Feast of Bounty! Fly the special Event Flag and join with other crews to prepare for the party, before celebrating in style.
- Taking part in this Event and completing Challenges will reward players with the Feast of Bounty Makeup, Scar, Tattoo and Flag, along with Seasonal Renown.
- Keep an eye on Sea of Thieves social channels for updates and check the Events Hub for all the details when this Event is ready to serve…
- Continue to unlock even more cosmetics throughout Season Four with Twitch Drops! Stay tuned to Sea of Thieves social channels to find out when Twitch Drops will be active for Partnered streamers, allowing players to earn items from the Twilight Hunter set. Find out how to link your accounts and more on our dedicated Twitch Drops page.
Last chance to pick up the latest Plunder Pass as we head towards the end of another Season! A range of new emote bundles are joined by returning Festival of Plenty items and some previous Plunder Pass rewards now up for purchase, including Season Three’s Shining Pegasus gear.
PIRATE EMPORIUM – RELEASE NOTES
Season Four Plunder Pass
- Anyone wishing to take full advantage of Season Four rewards can still buy the Plunder Pass. Any rewards unlocked will become available upon purchase, so players who have raised their Renown throughout Season Four can instantly see their hard work rewarded before the Season ends.
- The Plunder Pass offers early access to 11 items of upcoming Emporium stock, and can be purchased at any time through the Pirate Log, Pirate Emporium, Microsoft Store or Steam Item Store.
Season Three Plunder Pass Items Now in the Emporium
- The Shining Pegasus Weapons, Costume and Banjo are now available for individual purchase from the Pirate Emporium!
- Pirates bow to no-one when threatening retaliatory thunderbolts: the Thunderous Fury Figurehead, Sails and Flag are now available for purchase.
- Show off in style with the Versatile Weapon Pose and Gold Pouch Trick emotes!
- Instantly get book smart with this compendium of four emotes. New book smell not included.
Smooth Moves Emotes
- This collection of four funky emotes is perfect for pirates looking to have a good time.
Safe Salutations Emotes
- Be friendly, but not too friendly with these four socially distanced emotes.
Time-Limited Festival of Plenty Pet Outfits
- Coinciding with the Feast of Bounty, these food-themed pet outfits are back for a limited time. Head to the Pirate Emporium to dress your pet up for dinner!
Time-Limited Festival of Plenty Instruments
- Have fun and give thanks to your crew and allies, as these tasty instruments are also back for a limited time!
Freebie Make a Splash Emote
- Ask a friend (or foe) to throw a bucket of water on you when using this emote for maximum drama!
Black Friday Sale (starts November 26th)
- You don’t need an eagle-eyed companion to know that a special Friday is fast approaching. Fabulous discounts are available on a range of Pirate Emporium items starting from the 26th, and you’ll find a couple of extra freebies thrown in too!
Redcoat Grand Admiral Set
- The Redcoat Grand Admiral clothing set is now available in the Outpost clothing shops for gold.
Legacy Event Cosmetics
- Previous rewards from the Fury of the Damned Event have now been added to the Outpost shops.
- The Wicked Web Tankard, Blunderbuss, Cannons and both Figureheads are now available in Outpost shops, locked behind the Banishing the Damned and Vanquishing the Damned Commendations.
Outpost Points of Interest
- When players explore the Outposts, they are now greeted with a subtle notification to confirm their location. While this feature is enabled by default to improve the new player experience, it can be disabled by adjusting ‘World Location Banners’ in the Settings menu.
Automatically Vote on Proposed Voyages
- The player who proposes a Voyage will now also automatically vote for it. While this new voting mechanic is enabled by default to improve the Voyage experience for new players, it can be disabled by adjusting ‘Auto-vote on Voyage Proposal’ in the Settings menu.
Deep Sea Enemy Encounters
- While swimming underwater, players can still be ambushed by Sirens, but this now occurs less frequently.
- When a crew encounters Sirens in the open seas, the limit on how many Sirens will appear during the encounter has been significantly reduced.
Shrine of Ancient Tears Balancing
- The Shrine of Ancient Tears now has an increased timer after completion before its treasures once more become available to explorers.
- Crews preferring the smaller-sized Sloop have often questioned the need for a brig on board. Sloopers will now find that the brig has been replaced with a comfy mattress.
Crimson Crypt Cannon Flare
- The recently released Crimson Crypt Cannon Flare has been updated so that the lingering smoke effects masking the player’s view after firing a shot are better aligned with those of other Cannon Flares. The occlusion from this effect can no longer be affected by graphics quality settings.
Letters of Recommendation
- Larinna offers additional Letters of Recommendation for purchase in this update, to make up for a lack of availability in previous updates.
‘Let Games Read to Me’ Narration Improvements
- Within the Settings menu, players can now use ‘Narrate Change Only’ to control how ‘Let Games Read to Me’ narrates what is visible on the screen.
- When disabled, the game will continue to narrate the entire screen when navigating through menus. When enabled, only the changes to the screen will be narrated, allowing faster navigation.
- Crews joining a server at the start of a session should now always begin their journey at an Outpost.
- After firing an Eye of Reach, switching to a cutlass and back in quick succession no longer reloads the weapon outside the player’s view.
- Crews in The Arena should no longer discover washed-up Voyages, resources or ammunition during contests.
- When the Fort at Molten Sands becomes active, skeleton waves will now emerge from the ground together in groups.
- When caging animals, leaving them on an island and returning from some distance away should no longer cause them to change colour.
- Megalodons attacking a stationary ship should no longer cause the ship to stutter in position.
- When starting a Merchant Alliance Cargo Voyage within The Devil’s Roar, Morrow’s Peak will no longer appear as a cargo collection location.
- Players should now be able to redeem Resource and Commodity Crates even after server migration.
Player Input Handling
- While wielding a weapon and holding fire, using and releasing an interactable ship feature will no longer fire the weapon being held.
- While holding food, using the ship’s water barrel will no longer show the eating animation without consuming the food.
- When using the shovel to dig, switching to another piece of equipment or weapon will no longer force the primary input to become stuck.
Fury of the Damned
- All players who contributed to the Community Spirit Challenge by annihilating skeletons during October’s Fury of the Damned Event will now find the Destroyer of the Damned Title available in their Vanity Chest.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – The Siren Queen and Sirens will no longer disappear when a player is above the tridents in the Siren Queen’s throne room.
- ‘Captains of the Damned’ – Players can no longer get stuck between tree roots near the shipwreck in the swamp area.
- ‘Captains of the Damned’ – Invisible collision has been removed from the stairs in Isla Tesoro.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Players can now interact with the journal found next to the chair in the Dark Brethren meeting chamber.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – There is no longer an invisible wall beneath the red coral in the Dark Brethren room.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Rebinding movement controls on PC no longer prevents players from being able to navigate keys on the organ.
- If a player dies in the process of storing items in a Sunken Merfolk Statue, the storing will now be cancelled immediately and the total items stored will not be updated.
- Within Treasuries, the Vault Master’s health will no longer reset if a player and their crew die.
- After using a Merfolk Statue to return to their ship, players should no longer briefly reappear back in the Shrine for other crews.
- After retrieving Sunken Merfolk Statue loot on the surface and migrating servers, the Statue’s eyes will no longer glow upon returning.
- The Trident’s ammo will no longer replenish after being stored and recovered from a Sunken Merfolk Statue.
- Shrine of Hungering – When the lower stone face is activated for a second time, the water audio and visual effects no longer get stuck.
- Shrine of the Coral Tomb – Players can no longer use the terrain and sword lunges to skip the puzzle.
- Shrine of the Coral Tomb – Players can no longer pass through the Shrine walls near the blue coral after raising the water level.
- Shrine of the Coral Tomb – There is no longer a gap in the environment allowing the player to see out of the Shrine.
- Shrine of Tribute – Sirens no longer get stuck when they spawn under a statue in the main statue room.
- Shrine of Tribute – Players can no longer become stuck near the coral Siren Statue.
- Shrine of Tribute – Players can no longer venture outside the environment through a gap in the Shrine wall.
- Shrine of Tribute – Players can no longer venture outside the environment through the base of a Merfolk Statue.
- Shrine of Tribute – Various pieces of coral can no longer be walked through.
- Shrine of Ocean’s Fortune – There is no longer an unintended pocket of water in the tunnel between the second level and final chamber.
- Graymarrow can no longer become stuck in a tree on the Fort of the Damned.
- There is no longer a floating rock on the north-west side of Kraken’s Watchtower.
- Items placed around the exterior of the Glorious Sea Dog Tavern can now be picked back up again.
Visual and Audio
- When boarding a ship from the sea, players are no longer able to muffle the boarding audio effects by grabbing the ladder while underwater or while using equipment, ensuring nearby players will always hear someone boarding from the ocean.
- Players should no longer be able to strike a location where other players may be respawning and receive an audio effect, confirming that player’s location.
- Players should no longer briefly see another crew’s mermaid smoke and audio effects when they themselves are not abandoned at sea.
- Season notifications no longer pop up over the Maiden Voyage outro cutscene.
- Players equipping the Scorched Forsaken Ashes Figurehead on a Sloop will now see the correct figurehead applied.
- When a player is looking into the sky while holding an item, their pirate’s hand should no longer disappear.
- The Fearless Bone Crusher Figurehead now sits correctly on all ship types.
- Players’ fingers should no longer stick out of the Wicked Web Gloves.
- When playing on an Xbox One, the screen should no longer flash rapidly when another player is interacting (or cancelling an interaction) with a ladder while holding a pet.
- The Quest Book and Tale items discovered during ‘The Sunken Pearl’ Tall Tale are now correctly narrated in the Map Radial when using ‘Let Games Read to Me’.
- When ‘Nautical Narration’ is enabled, it should no longer continue reading out directions when the Wayfinder Compass is stowed.
- When ‘Let Games Read to Me’ is enabled, accessing the Shanty Radial is now read out correctly.
- Maps retrieved from a Coral Message in a Bottle are now correctly narrated in the Map Radial when using ‘Let Games Read to Me’.
- When ‘Let Games Read to Me’ is enabled, all settings headers should be correctly narrated.
- When ‘Let Games Read to Me’ is enabled, the spinning compass should no longer continue to be narrated when the Game Options are open.
- When ‘Let Games Read to Me’ is enabled, navigating the Pause Menu should be correctly narrated.
- Options that aren’t highlighted in the Settings menu now have a higher contrast to improve accessibility.
Text and Localisation
- The Gold Hoarder’s name is now correctly translated above his head in Turkish.
- The ‘Store’ and ‘Take’ transfer text is now greyed out when a barrel is empty.
- Pets can once again be named Pedro.
- When the game’s language is set to Turkish, the tab font within the Pirate Emporium should no longer be too big and the names of categories should now fit.
- When the game’s language is set to Korean, dying and offering your soul to the Ferryman now shows the circle filling properly when holding the button or key required to complete this action.
Performance and Stability
- Server stability has been improved, reducing scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
- Improvements made to server performance, reducing latency, lag spikes, rubberbanding and server correction during gameplay.
- Client stability has also been improved, reducing scenarios where players experience a game crash.
Ship Physics During Megalodon Attacks
- Encounters with a hostile Megalodon can cause unexpected physics issues with players’ ships, causing them to be propelled away from the attacking Megalodon.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While small improvements continue to be delivered during our regular updates, we are continuing to investigate and identify further improvements to improve the player combat experience.
To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Download and Installation
Xbox Series X: 8.53 GB
Xbox Series S: 5.51 GB
Xbox One X: 8.53 GB
Xbox One: 5.51 GB
Windows 10: 8.29 GB
Steam: 7.23 GB
XBOX INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE.
PC INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE.