Samsung launched its Galaxy Tab S6, a flagship tablet. The device is launched with some improvement made in it over to its predecessor but they are not hardware related.
The device is powered by the latest Snapdragon 855 SoC and will be available in the variant. One will be 6GB/128GB internal storage and the second 8GB/256GB of Storage option. MicroSD card support is present as well if that’s not enough. The tablet is built around a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED panel with 2560 x 1600px resolution – a productivity-friendly 16:10 aspect ratio. Multimedia isn’t neglected too as quad speakers tuned by AKG and Dolby Atmos make the whole movie-watching experience complete.
Read Also: – Samsung Patents A Unique Design Patent For 3-in-1 smartphone With Three Extendable Screen
To our surprise, the tablet also carries not one but two cameras on its back. The main one is 13MP while the secondary unit has an ultra-wide 123-degree field of view. The front holds an 8MP camera for selfies and video calls. Fun fact: this is the first tablet with an ultra-wide-angle camera, at least according to Samsung.
A 7,040 mAh battery powers it all while the S Pen holds a small 0.35 mAh charge, which is still enough for about 10 hours of operation. The best thing is that the stylus can charge in just ten minutes spent in its own dock.
Speaking of the S Pen, it can now work as a remote control for your multimedia player or when taking photos. Basically, it adopts the same functions as the S Pen on the Galaxy Note9.
Additionally, the Galaxy Tab S6 supports Samsung’s DeX which combined with the Book Cover Keyboard can turn into a PC for better productivity and multi-tasking.
Read Also: – Google Pixel 4 Will Feature Face Unlock And Motion Sensor “Soli Chip”
For security, Samsung has added an optical fingerprint reader under the screen making the tablet one of the first, if not the first, in its category to adopt the tech.
- 10.5-inch 2560 x 1600 (16:10) sAMOLED display.
- Snapdragon 855 processor.
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage or 8GB RAM + 256GB storage.
- MicroSD card slot (1TB Max).
- 13MP f/2.0 wide-angle primary camera with Live Focus + 5MP f/2.2 123° ultra-wide secondary camera.
- 8MP F/2.0 front-facing camera with Live Focus.
- Optical in-display fingerprint scanner and face recognition.
- Single SIM (nano)
- Bluetooth S Pen with 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity and support for Air Actions (hand
- gestures to control video playback, presentations and more without touching the tablet).
- AKG-tuned quad speakers.
- 7040mAh battery with support for fast charging via USB-C. Also charges via the popo
- charging dock which is sold separately. USB-C port also supports HDMI out.
- Bixby, Samsung DeX, BookCover Keyboard (sold separately) with a trackpad and a dedicated DeX key.
- Android 9 Pie.
Price and Availability
The Galaxy Tab S6 is priced at $649 for the 128GB version and $729 for the 256GB version. Samsung says it will be available online and in stores in late August in select markets. Owners will get 4 free months of YouTube Premium and 3 free months of Spotify Premium.
Source: – 1