Phasmophobia is a horror game where you and your friends play as paranormal investigators and explore haunted locations. Communication is a key aspect of the game, as you need to share information, coordinate your actions, and warn each other of dangers. However, some players have reported that the radio/walkie-talkie, which is the main tool for communication in the game, sometimes stops working. This can be a frustrating and scary experience, as you may feel isolated and vulnerable in the dark.
If you are one of those players who have encountered the radio/walkie-talkie not working issue in Phasmophobia, don’t worry. In this article, we will show you how to fix it and what causes it in the first place.
What Causes the Radio/Walkie-Talkie Not Working Issue in Phasmophobia?
The radio/walkie-talkie is a device that allows you to communicate with your teammates over long distances. You can use it by pressing the V key on your keyboard or the left shoulder button on your controller. However, sometimes the radio/walkie-talkie may not work properly, and you may not be able to hear or talk to your teammates.
There are several possible causes for the radio/walkie-talkie not working issue in Phasmophobia, such as:
- Server issues: The game relies on servers to connect players and enable communication. If the servers are overloaded or unstable, you may experience lag, disconnects, or glitches with the radio/walkie-talkie.
- Game bugs: The game is still in early access, which means that it is not fully polished and may have some bugs or errors. Some of these bugs may affect the radio/walkie-talkie functionality or interfere with its settings.
- Player settings: The game allows you to adjust various settings related to audio and communication, such as volume, push-to-talk, voice recognition, etc. If these settings are not configured properly, you may have problems with the radio/walkie-talkie.
How to Fix the Radio/Walkie-Talkie Not Working Issue in Phasmophobia?
Depending on the cause of the issue, there are different solutions that you can try to fix the radio/walkie-talkie not working issue in Phasmophobia. Here are some of them:
- Restart the game: Sometimes, a simple restart can solve many problems with the game. If you encounter the radio/walkie-talkie not working issue, try closing and reopening the game and see if that helps.
- Check your internet connection: A stable and fast internet connection is essential for playing online games like Phasmophobia. If your internet connection is slow or unstable, you may experience lag, disconnects, or glitches with the radio/walkie-talkie. Try to improve your internet connection by using a wired connection instead of wireless, reducing the number of devices connected to your network, or changing your DNS settings.
- Change the server region: The game allows you to choose between different server regions, such as US, EU, Asia, etc. If you are playing on a server region that is far from your location or has high traffic, you may encounter issues with the radio/walkie-talkie. Try to switch to a server region that is closer to your location or has less traffic and see if that improves your communication.
- Update the game: The developers of Phasmophobia are constantly working on improving and fixing the game. They release regular updates that may contain bug fixes or new features. If you are playing on an outdated version of the game, you may miss out on these improvements and encounter issues with the radio/walkie-talkie. Make sure to update the game to the latest version whenever possible and check if that resolves the issue.
- Verify the game files: Sometimes, the game files may get corrupted or missing due to various reasons, such as improper installation, disk errors, virus attacks, etc. This may cause problems with the game performance or functionality, including the radio/walkie-talkie. To fix this, you can verify the integrity of the game files through Steam and repair any damaged or missing files.
Adjust your audio settings:
The game allows you to customize various audio settings related to volume, push-to-talk, voice recognition, etc. These settings may affect how well you can hear or talk to your teammates through the radio/walkie-talkie. To optimize your audio settings for Phasmophobia, follow these steps:
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Right-click on Phasmophobia and select Properties.
- Go to Local Files and click on Browse.
- Find and open phasmophobia.exe.
- Go to Options and then Audio.
- Make sure that your microphone and speakers are set to the correct devices and that the volume is high enough.
- Make sure that push-to-talk is enabled and that the keybind is set to V or the left shoulder button on your controller.
- Make sure that voice recognition is enabled and that your language is set correctly.
- Test your microphone and speakers by clicking on Test and speaking or listening to the voice prompts.
- Save your settings and exit the game.
Use Alt-Tab Shortcut:
Another possible solution for the radio/walkie-talkie not working issue in Phasmophobia is to use the Alt-Tab shortcut on your keyboard. This shortcut allows you to switch between different windows or applications on your computer. Some players have reported that using this shortcut while playing Phasmophobia can fix the radio/walkie-talkie issue. To use this shortcut, follow these steps:
- Press the Alt key and the Tab key at the same time on your keyboard. This will bring up a list of windows or applications that you can switch to.
- Select any window or application other than Phasmophobia by using the arrow keys or the mouse. This will minimize Phasmophobia and bring up the selected window or application.
- Press the Alt key and the Tab key again to switch back to Phasmophobia. This will restore Phasmophobia and close the selected window or application.
- Check if your radio/walkie-talkie is working now.
Avoid ghost interference:
As mentioned earlier, some ghosts can interfere with electronic devices, such as the radio/walkie-talkie. This may happen when the ghost is hunting, angry, or near you. To avoid ghost interference, you can try these tips:
- Stay away from the ghost as much as possible and hide in a safe place when it is hunting.
- Use other tools to communicate with your teammates, such as the spirit box, the Ouija board, or writing in the journal.
- Use other clues to identify the ghost type, such as fingerprints, EMF levels, temperature, etc.
- Complete your objectives and leave the location as soon as you can.
The radio/walkie-talkie is an important device for communication in Phasmophobia, but sometimes it may not work properly. This can be caused by various factors, such as server issues, game bugs, ghost interference, or player settings. To fix the radio/walkie-talkie not working issue in Phasmophobia, you can try different solutions, such as restarting the game, checking your internet connection, changing the server region, updating the game, verifying the game files, adjusting your audio settings, or avoiding ghost interference. We hope that this article has helped you solve the issue and enjoy the game. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave a comment below.