Sunday, January 26, 2020

OnePlus new Optimized Charging feature is coming for OxygenOS to save battery health

Must Read

How to see the saved passwords in chrome

When ever you surf on the web through your any browser i:e Google Chrome, it can offer to save...

How to block websites on Google Chrome, everything you want to know

Google Chrome is a great tool for finding things for your work, college assignments, or some things as well....

How to Disable Location Tracking on Windows 10 and Other Windows PCs

You have often used GPS location feature on your mobile device to instantly find out the current position of...
Pravin Kr. Chandra
A mechanical engineer by profession and a gadget freak who loves to explore, gadgets and tech content on the web.

You would probably know about OnePlus’s Warp Charge technology, one of the best charging solution for the OnePlus device. It is formerly known as Dash Charge and now a rebranded version as OPPO’s SuperVOOC charging technology. Not at all like USB-PD and other fast charging strategies that increase voltage, Warp Charge increases the current of the charger, and it takes into account madly fast charging rates while as yet keeping up the security of more slow charging techniques and continuing overheating under control at whatever point conceivable.

But the tragic reality about our phone’s battery is that it outlast the batteries that power them. A newly bought phone can keep going over a day on a single charge, following a couple of years the battery will loose its capacity resulting in far less stellar battery performance.

OnePlus new Optimized Charging feature

OnePlus joins is developing a new charging technologies to take care of a phone’s battery. But before that company is putting some effort in improving the software experience. The simplest explanation of what its new Optimized Charging does is that it intelligently hold-off on charging your phone’s battery to 100% until you need it.

OnePlus new Optimized ChargingThe best example you can take is overnight charging where a phone gets overcharged. So, with the new technology, instead of going all the way to 100% after you plug your handset, it will charge to 80%. After reaching the limit, the phone charging will stop and only pump the remaining 20% 100 minutes before your wakeup time. OnePlus is currently estimating that wake-up time through “user sleep cycle detection”. It relies on any upcoming alarm you have set on your phone.

In any case, in time, OnePlus will be attempting to improve its algorithms and furthermore consider things like staying in bed on ends of the week or time zone changes while you are voyaging.

Currently, this new feature has been rolled out as part of last month’s beta Oxygen OS builds for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. Users who are part of this beta program, can enable the feature in the Battery Menu in Settings.

Also Read: Realme X50 5G launched with 120Hz display, 12GB RAM and 64MP quad rear camera

Latest News

9 LG smartphones will be updated to latest Android 10 (LG UX 9.0) this year

Yesterday, LG has announced that its 9 smartphones - LG V50, G8X, G8S, V40, G7, K50S, K40S, Q60 and...

Samsung Galaxy A21s is reportedly in works, will sport a macro camera

Last year, Samsung has released a no. of smartphones in it Galaxy "A" series including three in Galaxy A20 series as Galaxy A20, Galaxy...

Alleged Poco F2 leaked image shows Android 10 & SD855

Recently Xiaomi has announced that POCO will act as an independent brand. Just like Realme is doing its independent business in India after the...

Huawei Mate 30 series gets EMUI 10.0.0.195 update, fixes camera and touch screen issues

Chinese manufacturing giant, Huawei, has recently released the new EMUI system update for the Huawei Mate 30 series. The series including Huawei Mate 30...

Pocophone F2 Lite live images leaked, key specs revealed

A few days ago, specs of the two new POCO smartphones, POCO F2 and POCO X2 were leaked. Now, a new Poco smartphone called...

More Articles Like This