Table of Contents
How To Fix Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered Crashing on Startup, Not Loading, or Launching On PC
Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered on PC is one of the best games to come out this year. However, it’s been plagued with a number of issues since launch. This includes crashes on startup, not loading and even launching on PC. While some players have managed to fix these issues on their own, others may need help from the community.
Fortunately, there are several fixes available for Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered crashing on startup, not loading or launching on PC. Here’s how to fix Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered crashing on startup, not loading or launching on PC:
Solution 1. Restart Your Windows PC
The first thing you should always do when a game crashes is restart your PC. Sometimes, the game will crash because of an issue with Windows or your computer itself, so it’s always good to restart your system and try again. Alternatively, if you still can’t solve the problem with this one, you can try the other solution.
Solution 2. Run Spider-Man Remastered as An Administrator
The next step is to run Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered as an administrator, which can be easily accomplished by right-clicking the shortcut and selecting Run As Administrator from the pop-up menu. The game’s properties can also be adjusted so that it automatically opens in Administrator mode when you click on the game icon. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to get it done:
- On your Desktop, Right click on the Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered shortcut file and select Properties.
- Then under Compatibility tab check Run This Program As An Administrator box and click Apply button.
- Restart your computer and launch the game again by double clicking on game shortcut.
Solution 3. Make Sure The Gpu Driver Is Updated
The most common cause for not being able to start or play the game is because of outdated drivers for your graphics card (GPU). The solution is pretty simple: First, check your GPU driver. Make sure that it’s updated to the latest version. If it is an old driver, you can update it from here: nVidia GeForce and AMD Radeon. Also make sure you have DirectX 11 installed on your computer and swap over to your NVIDIA GPU if you’re having problems with an AMD card!
Solution 4. Make Sure You Meet The Minimum Requirements
The first thing that you need to do is check whether your PC meets the minimum requirements for running this game smoothly. If it does not, then you might face some problems running this game on your PC. The minimum system requirements for running this game are as follows:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3-4160, 3.6 GHz or AMD equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 950 or AMD Radeon RX 470
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 75 GB available space
Solution 5. Fix Spider-man Remastered Crash By Verifying Game Files
Moving on to the next step, it’s also very important to verify your game files. This ensures that the game files you have downloaded are actually the same as the ones on game servers. If they aren’t, then it could cause issues with your installation or gameplay.
With Verify Integrity of Game Files, you can make sure that everything is in order in your game files. There is a possibility that some files got corrupted during the download or installation process. By clicking this, you will begin a scan to see if any game files have been corrupted. The corrupted or missing files will be re-downloaded after the scan in completed, and any corrupted or missing files will be removed. Both Steam and the Epic Games Store allow you to check this information.
- The first step is to open Steam, go to your library, right-click on Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered and choose Properties.
- After that, you should select the LOCAL FILES tab and click on Verify Integrity of Local Files.
Epic Games Launcher
- As a first step, open the Epic Games Launcher and open your library from there. Select a game by clicking three dots.
- Choose the option Manage, then select the button Verify next to the Verify Files option. The process is now complete.
Solution 6. Activate GPU Scheduling With Hardware Acceleration
After that, you need to make sure that “Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling” is turned on in the Graphics Settings so you can start using it. GPU Scheduling is mainly used to reduce crash events in games by not straining the CPU and assigning certain tasks to the GPU. I highly recommend that you enable this setting because, in addition to reducing the latency and improving performance in the game, it will assist in removing bottlenecking issues for the game, and will help you to increase the frame rate slightly as well.
Thus, in case of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered crashing on your Windows PC or if it is stuck on the loading screen, then you can try enabling Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling on your system. Here are the steps to perform the fix.
- First of all, Press Windows key on the Keyboard and click on Settings. After this go to the Display and click on the Graphics settings.
- Here make sure to Toggle ON Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.
I would also recommend you add Spider-Man Remastered executable to the preference for Graphics performance while you are there. To add an executable to the list, click on the Browse icon as shown in the image above and browse to the executable. After adding the item, click on the Options button and choose the High performance. Don’t forget to save your settings after you have made the changes.
Solution 7. Disable V-Sync
An incompatibility with V-Sync may also cause Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered to crash on PC. You can fix this by disabling V-Sync in your graphics card settings.
Just head into your NVIDIA Control Panel and click on Manage 3D settings under Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings > Vertical sync (Vsync). Disable it and try launching the game again. If that doesn’t work, try disabling V-Sync through your Windows display settings.
Solution 8. Turn Off Fullscreen Optimization
If you’re unable to launch the game, try disabling fullscreen optimizations in your Steam settings menu.
- Firstly, open the Steam launcher and click on Library. Then click the Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered icon and then click on Manage.
- In the next step, select Browse local files > Go to the installation folder for Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered.
- Next, right-click Marvel’s SpiderManRemastered.exe and select Properties.Check the box Disable fullscreen optimizations under the Compatibility tab.
- Ensure that the changes have been saved by clicking Apply and OK.
Solution 9. Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
The Visual C++ Redistributable set includes runtime components that let you run Visual C++ applications on your computer. This tool is compatible with, Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, as well as Windows 7. Depending on the version of the software that you have installed on your computer, the process of updating or installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable will differ. Whenever you are experiencing Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered is crashing on startup or not loading, then you should perform a clean install or update of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable if you have not done so already. Here is the link to the latest version of the software.
Solution 10. Increasing Virtual Memory
There is always a possibility that your system may fail to provide the power required when you are playing a game that demands a lot of resources and the game may crash as a result. It is important to increase the number of virtual memory servers for backup when the physical memory is exhausted. The following is a step-by-step procedure on how you can perform the fix.
- As a first step, press the Windows Key on your keyboard, and then type “Advanced System Settings” into the search bar, and then press Enter on the first result that appears.
- The System Properties window will appear. Go to the Advanced tab and click Settings under Performance. Now this will open performance option in the new window.
- Under performance options, go to the advanced tab. Here you will find virtual memory option. Go to the option and click change.
- Make sure “Automatically manage paging size for all drives” is unchecked and “Custom Size” is selected.
- There are two sizes that you need to set, the initial size and the maximum size. With 8 GB of RAM, the Initial Size will be 8 x 1024 x 1.5 = 12288 MB.
- In the same way, Max Size will be 8 x 1024 x 3 = 24576 MB.
- A RAM size of 16 GB is equivalent to 16 x 1024 x 1.5 = 24576 MB, and a maximum size of 16 x 1024 x 3 = 49152 MB.
- As a final step, click Set in order to apply the settings, and then click Ok in order to save them.
I would recommend turning off your computer, restarting it and attempting to play Spider-Man Remastered again and checking if it still crashes.
Solution 11. Disable Your Antivirus Software or Add an exception for Spider-Man Remastered
Another possible reason why this could be happening is if your antivirus software is blocking Spider-Man Remastered from running properly! If this is the case then it may be best to disable your antivirus software or add Spider-Man in the exclusion/exception list before trying again.
Solution 12. Update your Windows OS
The next thing that you need to do when your game starts crashing or not loading is update your windows to its latest version. In some cases, there might be some compatibility issues between your operating system and the game which can lead to crashing of your game or not loading of it at all. So, updating windows will resolve this issue completely and make sure that your computer is optimized for running Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered with ease.
If you’re having issues with the PC version of Marvel’s Spider-Man, the game may crash when it tries to load up. There are a few different ways to fix this problem, but we’ll walk you through the easiest way to get your game working again.