LG is a very old player in the smartphone industry and has a decent number of smartphones in the list. In past few years, the South Korean company was evolved to add more smartphones in its portfolio but it always struggled with smartphone user interface and this is always been a flaw. Now LG is coming with the updated version of UI as LG UX 9.0.
LG has released a video for a new interface called LG UX 9.0 and discussing the new features and changes. The new interface is much simpler, cleaner, and more refined. All the necessary controls have been moved to the bottom of the screen for easier access. In the new UI, there is also a dark mode feature to reduce eye fatigue at night. LG UX 9.0 looks a bit like Samsung’s One UI and also something like EMUI from Huawei, MIUI from Xiaomi.
According to reports, this new UI LG UX 9.0 is optimized for LG G8X ThinQ. However, it remains unclear when the company will introduce the new UI to its smartphones.
LG UX 9.0 update feature:
- Night mode: LG UX 9.0 features a system-wide dark mode means the entire system is available to darken the background. It will help to improve the performance of the battery.
- Phone dialer: A few important options such as dial, call logs, contacts, and groups options along with search contacts and call logs bar to the bottom of the screen, offering easier access to your thumb.
- Messaging: Contacts app of LG phones will now feature bigger spaces between the different contacts and a bigger chat preview. This will allow users to see more of their conversations on the main page.
- Album application: Due to UX 9.0, the ‘Gallery app’ in the devices will become more streamlined with extra space for your albums. It is a better organization, clearer and better grouping option. After you have selected any picture in the gallery app, you will get to see the trash can option, in which you can dump your unnecessary pictures.
- Clock application: Bigger and bolder color matching.
- Music application: A new interface for the music application.