Despite the fact that PS5 has been doing great, yet there are still some major issues reported by most of the users. This is a similar case where ESPN app is not working on PS5. While there is no official word from ESPN yet, there are a few workarounds and fixes that you can try in order to get the app up and running again on your PS5.
If you’re one of the many people who are having trouble getting the ESPN app to work on their PS5, don’t worry! There are a few potential fixes and workaround that might just do the trick.
How to Fix the ESPN App Not Working on PS5?
There are a number of reasons why ESPN is not working on the PS5. In this article, you will find some fixes and workarounds for these issues to get the ESPN app working on PS5 again.
1. Restart your PS5
If the ESPN app is behaving erratically on your PS5, one of the first things you should do is restart it. While this may seem like a simple fix, it’s also one of the most effective. Restarting a device can clear out any bugs that may have caused problems in the first place, and will do no harm.
To restart your PS5, hold down the power button on your console for about 5 seconds until you hear a beep. A message will pop up asking if you want to fully shut down or restart your console. Select “Restart” and wait for about 2 minutes for your console to boot back up again. Once it’s done restarting, launch ESPN and see if it now works normally.
2. Verify That Your Internet Connection Is Stable
- Check the connection. Your internet connection might be the reason why your ESPN app won’t work on your PS5. A bad connection can cause issues with the app that you’re trying to access. So before you begin, it’s important that you check if your internet is working properly.
- Make sure that you have stable internet speed. Sometimes, issues like this happen when there’s a sudden drop in your internet speed. This usually happens when someone else in your house uses up all of your bandwidth by watching Netflix or streaming on Twitch. If this is the case, try to limit their usage so that they won’t affect your browsing experience and interfere with your online activities on PlayStation 5. Also, make sure that they are not downloading any files while you’re doing something important such as streaming ESPN+!
- Check if other services are working fine on PS5? Sometimes, issues like this happen because of server problems from ESPN or from services associated with it such as Hulu Live TV and Disney+. So before you start troubleshooting, try accessing these services first to see if there’s an ongoing issue affecting them all at once instead just one service alone (like ESPN+) which may make things more complicated for yourself when troubleshooting later down the line! If not then proceed onto our next step below –
3. Clear The Cache Of PS5
Your PlayStation 5 comes with 825 GB of storage, and a good chunk of that is taken up by the console’s operating system and mandatory install files. When your PS5 console starts to run slow or crash frequently, one of the first things you can do to try and fix the issue is clear the cache.
The cache is where your PS5 stores temporary files and data, and over time it can start to get full and cause problems. Because sometimes the cache of your browser might be corrupted due to some reason. This can cause the app to display errors.
In order to fix this, you will need to clear the cache of your PS5 browser. Clearing the cache will delete all of those temporary files and free up space on your console. It can also prevent crashes and freezes.
Some of the benefits of clearing your PS5 cache include improved gaming performance, faster load times, and prevention of game crashing/freezing. The PS5 has a lot of storage, but it can fill up quickly with games, updates, and other data. Clearing the cache helps to keep the system running smoothly.
If you’re not sure how to clear the cache on your PS5, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Keep reading for a step-by-step guide on clearing the cache on your Playstation 5. But before we move in this guide, you should always need to make sure your console is in Safe Mode. Here are the recommended steps:
- To clear the cache files of PS5 device, first thing you have to do is Power OFF your PS5. To do so, Hold the power button for three seconds. You will see some flicker in power indicator before it going off. When turning off the console, keep in mind that one beep signals when the console has actually been turned off.
- When the console is off, press and hold the power button once more. After the second beep is heard, release the button. The user will hear one beep when they first press the button, and another seven seconds later.
- Connect your controller to your computer via USB and press the PS button. You will be presented with an option to “Enter Safe Mode” once it has fully loaded.
- After connecting a USB wire to the console and entering Safe Mode, select Option 5, Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, choose Clear System Software Cache. After that, a text will come up on the screen, saying “System Software Cache will be cleared“. Finally, press OK to proceed. When you select OK, the PlayStation 5 will clear its cache and restart.
4. Clear The Cache ESPN Plus App
The ESPN+ app gives sports fans the opportunity to watch live sports wherever they are, every day of the week. But, as with everything else in life, all good things come with a few hiccups. The ESPN+ app occasionally has issues that can be fixed by clearing the cache.
- Turn ON your streaming device and navigate to Settings.
- Choose the Storage menu from the list then, go to the Apps folder.
- Select the ESPN Plus app and click on the Clear Cache option.
Once you’ve done this, restart your device and try opening ESPN+ again. This should fix the problem and allow you to watch all your favorite sports content!
5. Update ESPN+ App To The Latest Version on PS5
PS5 users who are looking to use the ESPN+ app will need to update it to the latest version in order to take advantage of all the features. The updated app brings with it a host of new features and bug fixes, resolve glitches that make it essential for PS5 users. This will ensure that you have the best experience possible when using the app on your new console. Here’s what you need to know about updating ESPN+ on your PS5:
- To update ESPN+ to the latest version, Go to the PlayStation 5 store and search for the ESPN app.
- Now click on the app and see if there any update available.
- If there is any available update, just tap the update button to install it.
6. Reinstall the ESPN+ app
If you’re having trouble with the ESPN+ app on your PS5 console, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This should fix the problem.
- First thing first, go to your PlayStation 5 home menu.
- Look for the ESPN application and press the Options button on your controller.
- Select the Delete option to remove the app from the system.
- Now the final step, go to the PlayStation 5 store and install the latest version of the app.
7. ESPN App Not Working on PS5, Check if it experience Outage
We have discussed so many reasons why the ESPN app may not be working on PS5. Outage of ESPN+ service may also be one of the reason for its not working.
ESPN+ is one of the most popular pro sports streaming services out there, so it’s no surprise that millions of people use it every day. But some time even the biggest sites like ESPN also experience downtime.
Though ESPN+ has yet to experience any major outages and problems, it’s still important to check whether there are any service interruptions. The ESPN+ outage tracker at Downdetector reveals any problems that might be affecting the streaming channel.
8. Change your DNS server setting on PS5
- Go to the PS5’s home screen. In the top right-hand corner of the screen, you should see an option labeled Settings, click on it. In the Settings menu, go to Network. Once you’re in Network page, go to Settings.
- On your screen, you should see a ‘Set up Internet connection‘ button. Click on it. Now, click on the current internet connection you are using. Your Connection name will pop up under Registered networks (if it’s been registered). If it’s not already registered, the name will show up under Networks found.
- Click the options button next to your connection name. Next, select Advanced Settings from the right-hand menu.
- Now go to the Primary DNS section, and enter 18.104.22.168. Then go to the Secondary DNS section, and enter 22.214.171.124. This will ensure that your system automatically uses Google’s DNS servers which are one of the best available. If you use Google’s DNS server for both the Primary and Secondary DNS, you will be able to get pretty reliable connections with low latency and high-performance browsing.
- If this setup doesn’t work for you, feel free to use another DNS server with CloudFlare. For the primary DNS, type in 126.96.36.199, and for the secondary DNS type 188.8.131.52.
- Another best server are Quad9 DNS. If you would like to use the Quad9 DNS server, type in 184.108.40.206 for the Primary DNS and 220.127.116.11 for the Secondary DNS.
- Now any one of these DNS servers, click on Ok to Save.
9. Contact PS5 Support
If you are still having trouble with the ESPN app on your PlayStation 5, you can try contacting PS5 support for assistance.
Before you reach out for help, make sure to troubleshoot any issues you are having by following the steps given in this guide. If a few days of troubleshooting do not resolve your problem, contact PS5 support and tell them about it. It is important to explain what your issue is and what steps you have already taken to fix it so that the support staff can help as quickly as possible.
Now that you know the reason why it happens, what you have to do is to check your internet connection. If it still not working, then there is a problem with your device. Hopefully, this article has given you a better idea on how to fix the ESPN app not working on PS5. The fixes and workarounds in this article are some of the known solutions that you can opt for if the ESPN app does not work on your PS5. If you have any other questions or problems, leave a comment below and we will help you out as much as possible with what we know.