Snapchat is one of the most popular social media app in recent time. According to some reports which is published in October 2020, state that in the third quarter of 2020, photo and video sharing app Snapchat had 249 million daily active users worldwide. It was previously 210 million global daily active users in the corresponding quarter of 2019. This app become so popular that it added more than 39 million daily active users in 2020.
But sometime it become so frustrating when your most favorite app is not operating properly the way it was supposed to be, right? As we all know, it is one of the most popular applications for sharing photos and videos known as a snap. These snaps are automatically downloaded and appear in user’s feed. However, Snapchat’s snaps don’t load on their own. You have tap on “tap to load” displayed under the snaps to view the shared message and videos.
Snapchat come with an unique feature that is short-term content accessibility. This means the messages, photos, and videos send by the users will disappear in a short while. It is based on the concept of ‘lost’, memories, and content that vanish and can never be got back again. The application propels the chance of promptness and urges you to instantly share any moment before it is gone until it disappears forever.
It’s quite frustrating when Snapchat not working properly and because of that you miss so many snaps of your friends and family. Users reported that even after tapping, the snap does not load. All they observe is the black screen with no content. The similar thing keep happen with Snapchat stories; they do not load.
Therefore, if you are dealing with same Snapchat not loading snaps properly issue and looking for some easy fix for this problem, then you are on the right spot. In this article we have noted a number of ways to fix Snapchat not loading snaps or stories on your Android phone. In this guide we have mentioned 9 possible ways through which you can resolve the issue.
Why do snaps don’t load on Snapchat?
The major cause behind this error may be the poor internet speed in your device. If you having a poor internet connectivity in your device, then it is a very obvious thing that Snapchat will not load the snaps properly. Hence, it will request you to manually download them by tapping on each snap one by one.
This could be the prime reason why your snaps are not loading properly, but there are other reason too. The other reasons could be like corrupted cache files, bugs or glitches, data saved or “battery saver” restrictions, etc. In this article, we will discuss all the possible fix in detail to solve the issue. So, let’s look one by one at those solutions.
How to fix Snapchat not loading snaps? 9 ways to fix the issues!
1). Restart Your Phone
First of all, restart your phone whenever you get any application related issue in your device. It is smarter to attempt “turning it off and on again” before starting with any other app-specific solution.Yeah…. Most of the time it happens that just turning “on and off” of your Android or iOS device fixes the most of your application related problem.
Therefore, it is always recommended you to “do a restart of your smartphone” before you look toward any other solution. If it solves the problem of Snapchat, not loading snaps problem that you do not have to try any other solution.
Press and hold the power button until the power menu pops up on your screen and after that tap on the Restart/Reboot button and you are good to go. After the boot of your smartphone, open your Snapchat application and see if it starts working like usual or not. If the snaps are still not loading automatically, then you should next solution for this.
2). Check Your Internet Connection
Your internet speed could be another reason and also the possible fix why Snapchat not loading snaps automatically. Beginning of this article, we mentioned that a slow internet connectivity could also be a reason behind this problem. It is pretty obvious that a slow internet speed would be the reason for Snapchat not loading snaps.
Therefore, a quick troubleshooting of your device internet can also solve this problem. But how to check your internet speed? Well, there are lots of way to do that. But easiest way to check internet connectivity is to open YouTube and play any random video and check it loads with buffering or without buffering. If the video plays flawlessly without buffering, then your internet connection is fine. However, if it does not, then slow internet is causing problem to Snapchat and snaps are not loading properly.
If your mobile device is connected to any Wi-Fi, then try disconnect and reconnect the Wi-Fi network, restarting your router, and check whether the issue resolve or not. If that doesn’t work, then switching off your mobile data and check again. Once the internet starts working properly, your Snapchat snaps will be loading automatically. If it still not resolves the problem, then move to the next solution in the list.
Recommended: How to Password Protect a Folder in Windows 10 | 5 Methods You Can Use
3). Clear Snapchat Cache and Data
Sometime long time usage of any application also causes these kinds of issue. If you are using any Android app for a long time, then it is very much possible that there is a large cache file for the stored in your mobile device. All apps store some data knows as cache files. These data are saved by the apps, so when open the app again it can display everything very quickly. These saved cache is basically to reduce the startup time of any app. However, sometimes old cache files get corrupted and cause the app to breakdown. And you experienced Snapchat not loading snaps properly.
So, it is always recommended you to make a good practice to clear cache and data for apps on a regular or some period. Just to mention that deleting cache files will not cause any harm to your app. Deleting the cache files of the application save you some space in your device. However, new cache files will automatically get generated again when you use Snapchat application again.
Ok, much information about the Cache files and so. Now follow the steps given below to clean the cache files for Snapchat.
1. Open your smartphone and go to the Settings option.
2. Click on the Apps option in the settings. Here you will get to a list of apps that are installed on your device.
3. Now search for Snapchat and open the app settings.
4. Now click on the Storage option and see the size of cache files.
5. If the Cache files are very big, then Clear Cache and Clear Data.
6. After clearing the cache and data, you might have to log in. Now check Snapchat not loading snaps problem is fixed or not. If snaps are loading automatically, problem are fixed. If not, then checkout next solution.
Recommended: How to block websites on Google Chrome, everything you want to know
4). Disable Data Saver Restrictions on Snapchat
“Data saver” option can also cause slow loading or snaps loading properly. So, it is very important that you should disable “data saver” option for the Snapchat and check the app is working appropriately. If you have a “data saver” turned on for the device, it might interfere with the normal functioning of Snapchat. We advise you to get a stable and powerful internet connectivity, so you don’t get any issue related to connectivity.
Please keep in mind that “Data saver” is a useful feature of any Android smartphone. This feature allows you to conserve your internet data. If you have a poor or limited internet connection then, we also recommend keeping it “ON” so you would not run out your data. Turning “Data Saver” option eliminates any background data usage and save your data.
These background data process includes “automatic app updates, auto-sync, and even downloading messages and snaps”. Due to the usage of your Internet data in the background process, Snapchat is not loading snaps on its own. That is why you have to manually tap on the snaps to load.
Therefore, it is always advised to disable “Data Saver” option if you have limited internet data or poor internet speed. Now follow the steps given below to disable the “data saver” for the Snapchat app.
1. Open the Settings on your phone.
2. Go to the Wireless and networks option.
3. Click on Data usage option.
4. Now click on Smart Data Saver.
5. Now turn off “Data Saver” option by toggling off.
6. Now, Snapchat will start loading snaps automatically, just like it used to after the removal of “data saver” option.
7. You can also go “Exemptions” section and select Snapchat, which will be listed under Installed apps. Now toggle it “ON”.
Recommended: How to Automatically Delete Google Search And Location History
5). Remove Battery Saver Restrictions for Snapchat
Similar to “Data Saver” option, all Android devices also come with a “Battery Saver” option. It increases the battery life of the device by restricting the background usage of the battery by any application and saved the power. However, it saves the battery to drain out but also affects the performance of the apps.
If “battery saver” option is on in your device, then it can cause interference to the normal operation of Snapchat. It can interrupt Snapchat’s automatic loading snaps because it is a background process. Snapchat downloads all the snaps in the background so whenever you open the app you see them directly. As we earlier said, “Battery Saver” kill the background process of the application when the phone is not active. Hence, it is very important to make sure to disable “battery saver” temporarily or just exclude Snapchat from Battery Saver restrictions. It will also help you to fix snapchat not loading snaps properly.
Follow the steps given below to remove “Battery Saver Restrictions” on Snapchat:
1. Open Settings on your device.
2. Click on the Battery option.
3. Look for “power-saving mode” and make sure it is toggle off.
4. Now go to the Battery usage option.
5. Search for Snapchat from the list of installed apps and click on it.
6. Here, open the “App launch” settings.
7. Make sure to disable the “Manage Automatically” setting and enable the toggle switches next to “Auto-launch”, “Secondary launch”, and Run in Background.
8. Now, it will solve the problem of Snapchat not loading Snaps in your phone.
6). Clear the Conversation
If you are facing this issue for a particular person, then erasing the conversation between you and that person can also resolve this issue. Yeah, sometime it happens that the snaps or stories are not loading for a particular person and working fine for others. For this particular condition, the best way to fix it is by deleting the conversation. But always remember that by doing this you will delete all the previous snap that you have received from that particular individual. Ok, follow the steps given below to clear conversation.
1. Open Snapchat app in your phone and go to the settings.
2. Tap on Account Actions option.
3. Now tap on the Clear Conversation button.
4. Here, you will see a list of all the people you have sent or received messages or snaps from.
5. Now find the person whose snaps are not loading properly and tap on the cross button next to their name.
6. Now the conversation between you and that person will be cleared. From now, you will see snaps from that person as the same as it used to be.
7). Remove your Friend and then Add again
After performing all the steps one by one, most probably Snapchat loading problem should be solved. But if it still not, then try removing and re-adding that particular friend from your friend list. Sometime it also solve the issue. Hopefully, this will fix the problem now. Follow the steps given below to learn how to do that.
1. First of all, open Snapchat app and tap on the Add Friends option.
2. Now, go to “My Friends” section.
3. Here, look at that person whose snaps are not loading properly and remove him/her from the list.
4. This will delete all messages and snaps received from the person. This is very similar to the previous step as “clearing the conversation” and will have the same effect.
5. Now, wait for some while, and then add them again in your friend list.
6. Now snaps loading problem should be fixed for that particular person. If not, then move to the next.
8). Update or Re-Install Snapchat
You should also try to update it or re-install the Snapchat app. Sometime it also happened that some bugs causing the issue and it fix by doing an update. However, if the update is not available, then you should try to uninstall and reinstall the app. Now go to the steps below to update your Snapchat app to the latest version.
1. Firstly, open the Play Store in your device.
2. Go to the Search bar and type Snapchat.
3. If the update is available for the app, then you will see two options under the name of the Snapchat app. It will be uninstall and update. Click on update and it will install the latest version of the app available for your device.
4. However, if there is no update option, then it means that you already using latest version of the Snapchat app.
5. In case of no update available, you will see two options under the Snapchat app. It will be like uninstall and open. Click on uninstall button to uninstall the app.
6. Now, restart your phone and install the Snapchat application from the Play Store again.
7. Now open the application and check if the problem is fixed.
Recommended: How To Check Graphics Card Windows 10 | 7 Ways To Check Out GPU Details
9). Change DNS
Now our last possible fixes to this problem can also solve by changing the DNS setting. This is an alternative way to fix snapchat snaps loading problem and can also be very useful.. It gives fruitful result to many users who have Snapchat fails to load stories and they fix just by changing the DNS setting. Now just look at it it and learn how.
Follow the steps below to change the DNS setting:
- First, go to Settings > Wi-Fi or even you can press the Wi-Fi icon in the notification shade
- Now tap on “Modify Network” to open network options. Remember, the steps can vary from device to device.
- Now, change the IP Settings to “Static”. You can click on “Show advanced settings” when you cannot see a menu option.
- Here, change DNS1 and DNS2 to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124. This is Google DNS.
Ok now, we have listed all the possible fix for a Snapchat not loading snaps automatically. We hope that these listed solution helps you to fix Snapchat not loading snap issue in your phone. But if you still hang on this issue and Snapchat still does not load snaps after trying all the solutions discussed in this article, then most probably the problem is not device-specific. The servers of the Snapchat could also be a reason. It could be possible that server’s of Snapchat is temporarily down. Due to which Snapchat app not loading snaps properly and you think there is a problem in your device. Wait for some while, and it will get fixed.