One of the biggest issues gamers face after installing NBA 2K22, is the NBA 2K22’s Missing MyCareer File error. In the past couple of days, NBA 2K22 players have been facing issues where they aren’t being able to locate their MyCareer file. The players have reported a missing MyCareer file error. For those of you who don’t know, NBA 2K22 is a video game based on basketball—for PC–and it is the 23rd instalment in the series of this sports video game series. It was developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Sports.
In this guide, you will find solutions for various platforms to solve the missing MyCareer file issue, affecting a lot of players who were playing NBA 2K22. This article will explain how to repair your MyCareer file if it is missing, deleted, or appears to be corrupt.
What cause NBA 2K22 MyCareer missing files error?
There are few possible reasons for the NBA 2K22 Missing MyCareer File error you might be encountering. It’s a typical problem to encounter when playing the game, but it can also arise if the file is missing or corrupt. Check out this article if you are looking for information about whether or not this file is missing or corrupted.
- If MyCareer fails to load, it is most likely due to a corrupted file. If your file appears corrupt, you will always receive an error message when attempting to load your MyCareer file. You are most likely receiving an error message that says “Your save file is corrupt and cannot be loaded,” this means that your file is not being read correctly.
- If, however, your MyCAREER file is missing you won’t even see a file for you to try and fix.
How to Fix NBA 2K22 MyCareer Missing Files error?
First thing you need to do is make sure you have your PSN account as well as PS4 connected to the internet, as you will need to download your save data from the cloud. Now, if the automatic update feature is turned off, you should need to turn it “ON” first, but if it’s already “ON”, you are unlikely to find MyCareer file stored on PSN server.
When you are missing MyCareer file on your PlayStation 4, or the files are corrupted, you can use the files stored on the cloud. All you have to do is re-download them which is pretty simple process, follow the steps below to get your NBA 2K22 MyCareer file back.
- Open the Dynamic menu
- To manage your application data, go to “Settings” and then “Application Data Management“
- After that, click “Saved Data in Online Storage” and then “Download to system storage.“
- Click on NBA 2K22
- After the reinstall is complete, this will fix the MyCareer missing file error.
Recomended: NBA 2K22 – How To Fix Error Code 4b538e50?
On PS5, just as you can download your game files from the cloud on PS4 through automatic updates, you can do the same on PS5. Since PS5 automatically saves your game files to the cloud, you can just download any missing files from the cloud through the following steps:
- Navigate to “Settings”.
- Click “Games/Apps”, then click “Saved Data”.
- You will need to choose “Saved Data (PS5)”. If you are downloading files that were originally stored on a PS4, then choose “Saved Data (PS4).
- Choose “Cloud Storage” and then “NBA 2k22” to download the cloud storage.
Xbox One/series X/S
If you’re connected to Xbox Live, your cloud saves are automatically synced. You cannot manually download your cloud saves from the cloud, but they’re automatically uploaded and downloaded from the Microsoft Cloud Exchange as long as you’re connected to Xbox Live. If you are still experiencing this issue, please refer to their FAQ to learn how to properly use their service.
Recommended: Easily Fix Error Code CHICKPEA for Destiny 2: Here What You Can do?
The Nintendo Switch’s games software menu, or its System Settings, allows you to install saved games backups.
The software menu allows you to download backups:
- Go to the software menu and choose “Save Data Cloud”.
- On your home screen, selecting the icon of the game or application will take you to the games software menu
- In order to get to the software menu, press the + or – button on the Joycon controller.
- On the next screen, you will have the option to “Save Data Cloud“
- After selecting a user, select “Download Save Data.“
From the System Settings, you can download a backup
- Open the System settings
- Select Data Management
- Choose Save data Cloud
- Choose appropiate User
- Select desired backup file and choose “Download save data”.
*Note: This feature is available only to Nintendo Online members.
It is quite easy to restore saved data on Steam if you follow the steps provided below.
- To restore the backup games, click the Steam tab in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the Backup and Restore option
- Click on Restore backup games
- Locate the backup files for the game
- Install the required games in the Steam window
You can restore saved data from the Epic library of games with Cloud Save enabled
- Open Epic Games
- On the left, click on library
- Simply click on the three dots underneath the game art. Now select Sync Data Now.
Everyone hates losing their MyCareer file. However, no one knows how it goes missing. Players seem to lose their NBA 2K22 MyCareer file games at all sorts of intervals. Some players even forget how to fix a missing NBA 2K22 MyCareer file. The following are some helpful tips for fixing any NBA 2K22 missing MyCareer file error that you may encounter.