Lost Ark is a free-to-play Korean MMORPG with a lot to offer. It has an endless amount of quests, multiple classes to choose from, and lots of open-world content to explore. It’s a ton of fun to play this game. Unfortunately, that may not be entirely possible if your game fails to start because of an Easy Anti-Cheat error. Error 30005 is one of the most common occurrences with this game and one that can be annoying if not solved properly. Here’s how to get Lost Ark up and running again, so you can return to battling demons in no time at all. In this guide, we walk through how to fix the Lost Ark Easy Anti-Cheat Error Code 30005 and get back into your game!
What Is Lost Ark Error 30005? Here Is The Details
We’ve had a few players reach out to us with the same issue. They’ve received an error message which states: “Couldn’t start the game. Error Code 30005”. This looks like it could be related to issues with the correct functioning of Easy Anti-Cheat.
Easy Anti-Cheat is software that prevents you from cheating in video games. Sometimes, a game might be acting like an EAC hater and just not letting you run it at all. There are many reasons why it may fail to run. Also sometimes, other software seems to interfere with it, or files become corrupted. To fix these issues you might have to update the software.
How to Fix Lost Ark Easy Anti-Cheat Error 30005?
Lost Ark Easy Anti-Cheat Error Code 30005 is a very annoying error that causes the game to stop working. This error can be caused by a lot of reasons. If you are facing this error then do not panic because it can be resolved easily by following certain steps mentioned below.
1). Restart Easy Anti-Cheat Software
This is what most people do first when they encounter an error code in any game they’re playing. This is the simplest solution to get rid of the Easy Anti-Cheat error message 30005 in Lost Ark. All you have to do is restart Easy Anti-Cheat and then run your game again. Restarting the program will force it to update its files, which might clear up any minor bugs that have been causing errors for you. Here’s how to do it in 3 easy steps:
- To find the Easy Anti-Cheat service: 1. Click Start, then type “Services” and click on Services. 2. Scroll down to locate the Easy Anti-Cheat Service and double-click on it.
- After double clicking it a new window will open. Here you have to set Startup type as Automatic and Service status as Running. After doing that save the changes. status as Running and save the changes.
- Now to complete these steps, restart the system and see if the error still persists.
Recommended: Get Lost Ark Notos Orca Ship Skin: Here’s How
2). Repair Easy Anti-Cheat File
The next step in fixing lost ark easy anti-cheat error code 30005 is to run the Repair Easy Anti-Cheat File. To do this, follow these steps:
- To repair Easy Anti-Cheat file, you need to first go to the drive where it is installed. For this purpose, open File Manager, click on This PC and open Local Disk: C.
- Now head to the Program Files/Steam/steamapps/Common file/Lost Ark/Binaries/Win64/.
- Here, double-click on the EasyAntiCheat_Setup application to launch the application.
- After launching the EasyAntiCheat application, you have to hit the Repair option.
3). Verify The Integrity Of Game Files
Another one of the most common reasons for Lost Ark Easy Anti-Cheat Error Code 30005 is corrupted system files. Steam has a feature that allows users to verify files and folders in order to make sure they’re downloading the most up-to-date game content and replacing any corrupted or modified files it finds. To verify the integrity of game files follow below steps:
- First, launch Steam. Then go to the Library section. From the list of games, select Lost Ark and right-click it. Next, select Properties.
- To verify that your game files are working correctly, select the Local Files icon and then click Verify integrity of game files.
- Now to end these steps, restart the system and see if the error goes away.
4). Make Sure Your PC’s Easy Anti-Cheat Is Enabled.
Our next suggestion is to enable your PC’s Anti-Cheat to fix Lost Ark error 30005. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be good to go!
- Okay, let’s try this. First, open up your Windows search bar (or just type “cmd” into it) and start typing “services.msc.” and hit Enter!
- After that, you have to find Easy Anti-Cheat on the list. When you have done so, double click on it and choose Start.
- In the General tab, you’ll see the Startup type drop-down menu. Select Automatic and click Apply.
- You’re almost ready! Just restart your computer and launch the game. Then, you should be ready to rule the world.
Recommended: Lost Ark’s Rethramis Adventure Tome Guide: Everything You Need to Know
5). Disable VPN Before You Launch The Game
If you are using a VPN service to play Lost Ark, then you must disable it before launching the game. This is because some VPN services have been known to cause this error. If you get this error while playing Lost Ark online with friends, then we recommend that you try disabling your VPN and see if it helps.
6). Update Or Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Visual C++ Redistributable is a set of runtime components that can be installed on your computer to run applications developed using Visual C++. It can be used in Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.The process of updating or installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable varies depending on the version of the software you have installed on your computer. In case you are experiencing errors like Error Code 30005 then you should be installing or updating the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You can find the latest version here.
7). Update Windows OS
The next thing you need to do is update Windows. Sometimes if there are problems with your computer, it causes this issue. The Easy Anti-Cheat Error Code 30005 issue in your Lost Ark game may occur if you are using an outdated Windows version. So updating Windows will fix this problem easily and quickly. To fix this, go to Settings > Update & Security> Windows Update and click Check for updates. If they are available, update them. In the end, relaunch the game and play again.
8). Whitelist Lost Ark In Your Antivirus:
There may be another reason for the Easy Anti-Cheat Error Code 30005 problem. Both Firewall and your antivirus program may be blocking the game. So make sure you add the game to their Allow list so that it can connect to the server without any issues. If your antivirus doesn’t automatically whitelist Lost Ark, you’ll need to do it manually. If you’re just too lazy to do that, you can also temporarily disable your antivirus before playing the game.
9). Scan Your Computer For Any Malware That May Be Running
Malware might be one of the main reasons behind this problem. If you want to fix Lost Ark Easy Anti-Cheat Error Code 30005, then you need to scan your computer for any malware or virus that may be running on it. Malicious software may be interfering with the proper operation of EAC, using up so much computer power that it slows down the game. Malware scan will allow you to stop the malicious activity and prevent future errors from occurring on your computer.
10). Close Any Programs Or Services You Aren’t Using Right Now
Close any programs you don’t need running. This includes games, websites and other programs that could be using your computer’s resources and interfering with your game.
- To open the System Configuration Utility, press Windows key + R and type ‘msconfig’ and hit Enter.
- Then to disable all your Microsoft services, go to the Services tab and check the box marked “Hide all Microsoft services”. Click Disable all or untick the ones you don’t want running.
11). Contact Support Of Amazon Games
If all else fails, let Amazon Games know about the problem by contacting the Support Center. The support team will contact you and help you resolve your issues.
That was quite a lot of information to take in at once, but don’t worry. Just follow the steps outlined above and you will soon be able to fix Lost Ark error code 30005. This error has been reported by many gamers, so it is not just you who is experiencing this issue. If you have any other problems or concerns related to Lost Ark, then please reach out to us.