Hitman 3 has just released and now it is available to download on different platforms like PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One. However, it is very unfortunate that users encounter Hitman 3 crash issue on their PS4 and PS5 consoles. Players are getting error code CE-34878-0 on PS4 and error code CE-108255-1 on PS5 for Hitman 3. Users on PS4 are getting an error message as “An error has occurred with the application“, while the user on PS5 are also getting an error message very similar to PS4 as, “An error occurred in the application“. These error messages are flashing on the screen whenever the Hitman 3 game crashes. Since the release of Hitman 3, players are experiencing several performance issues like frame drops, game crashing, lag and more.
If you are playing Hitman 3 on one of these two consoles and getting error code CE-34878-0 and CE-108255-1 issue, then we have pointed out some solution for these errors to fix.[lwptoc numeration=”none”]
How to fix error CE-34878-0 on Hitman 3 on PS4?
1. Restart your console:
This is the primary solution for any kind of error on any kind of device or platform you are playing on. Simple restart off your device can terminate any temporary interference that causes game crashing. Just simply restart the PS4 by pressing power button and wait for a few seconds to turn it off. Now just wait for some time and turn it on again.
2. Make sure to update Hitman 3:
Hitman 3 has a one day patch for all platform and it is required to be updated. This should happen automatically, make sure that to not interrupt the process. After that if you still seeing the error, check for the new update for game.
To check the new update for the Hitman 3, go to the library, find Hitman 3 and press on the options button. Now, in the menu, search for update and you find any, download it. This can fix error code CE-34878-0 and CE-108255-1 on PS4 and PS5, respectively. Here, how you can do it.
- First of all, go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Find the Hitman 3 game that has error issue and press the Options button on your controller.
- Now, select “Check For Update” and install any updates if any available.
3. Clear cache and rebuild database of PS4:
Sometimes console files are corrupted and because of this corrupted files, these error codes occur and we see error code CE-34878-0. Cache files of any game are those files that enhance the gaming experience of gamers. However, it is also important to clear these temporary cache files so eliminate these errors.
To clean the cache on PS4, there is no way except the power off of your console. Turn off your PS4 completely and disconnect the power cord and wait for 30 seconds. Now connect the cord and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Around 8 seconds, when you hear the second beep, stop pressing power button. Cache files on your PS4 console are now cleared. After it, your PS4 will boot up on safe mode and now you can rebuild your database. Here are the following steps you have to follow:
- First of all, Press and hold the power button of your PS4 on your controller and turn it off.
- Let the PS4 completely shutdown and wait for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Restart the PlayStation 4 and rebuild the database from the options on the screen and hit “OK“.
4. Reinstall Hitman 3 to fix Error CE-34878-0 on PS4:
As we said in above method, console files are corrupted over the time similar things happen with the game files as well. If you on any game, over time the game file becomes corrupted and as a result it starts crashing on your device or console.
If you see, your game starts crashing more often and you have no idea how to fix it, then you should try reinstalling the game. Reinstalling your would be the best and most effective solution to fix random crash issue of your game. To reinstall Hitman 3, follow the steps below to learn how to do.
- First of all, select Hitman 3 and click on the option menu button on your PS4 controller.
- Now, select “Delete” from the options and press “OK“.
- Your game has been deleted. Now, go to the Library>Purchases>HITMAN 3>Download And install a fresh copy of the game.
This could be the most effective way to fix the error CE-34878-0 on PS4 but before you do this, make sure to upload your saved game files to the cloud or any external source (usb storage or hard drive) so you don’t lose your progress in the game.
5. Reinstall the original hard drive:
This error CE-34878-0 also occurs when you increase the storage of your PS4. If you have upgraded your PS4’s hard drive storage, according to Sony, you should re-install the original hard drive that came with the console.
6. Disable Facial recognition:
However, the face recognition feature is not available for the Hitman 3 yet, but you should always know that this feature it is also known as the major reason for the game crash. The Face Recognition is buggy feature and because of which you see a message with an error code of CE-34878-0. You can disable this feature by following the steps below:
- First of all, go to Settings option your Console menu of your controller.
- Now, select Login Settings and uncheck the box next to Enable Face Recognition.
- After it, restart your PS4.
This could probably fix the error code CE-34878-0, but somehow if it is not, then move to the next one.
7. Update PS4’s system software:
Sometimes not updated PS4 system software also leads to the game crash. If you have not updated your PS4 system software to the latest version, we will suggest that you do it. It can solve many issues with the PS4 console that breaking your gameplay. To know how to do it, follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to the Settings PlayStation 4.
- Here, select “System Software Update” and it will let you know if any update is available. If there is any, then update it.
- Now, reboot your PS4 and check if the error is fixed.
Hitman 3 error CE-34878-0 is a common error. If you are experiencing error code CE-34878-0 with your Hitman 3, then firstly you should restart your console. Restarting your console generally fix the problem. However, a proper fix will definitely come on someday.
Fix Hitman 3 error code CE-108255-1 on PS5
Like the error on PS4, the players on PS5 console also getting very similar error. For Hitman 3, the players on PS5 are getting an error code CE-108255-1. It is very much identical to the one we got on PS4. For PS5, the solution for the Hitman 3 error code CE-34878-0 so it also the same as PS4. Follow the listed points to fix this error on your PS5.
Fix error code CE-108255-1
- Update PS5 system software and Hitman 3 game: – An outdated system software or the game can cause many issues to the game. Just like the method 2 and method 7 for PS4, update your PS5 system software and Hitman 3 game software. It will fix the error if not, then move to the next solution.
- Reinstall Hitman 3:- Installation of a fresh copy of the game can solve many issues coming with your game. To reinstall Hitman 3, you should first delete the game that is installed on our console. To delete the game, go to the Settings>Storage and Delete Hitman 3. After the delete of the Hitman 3, download it again and install the fresh copy of Hitman 3 game..
- Clear cache and rebuild database: – Here, we will perform the same process as we have done in method 3 for PS4. Follow the same process for PS5 as well to clear cache and rebuild the database. Your PS5 console will now reboot in safe mode, and you will see the option to rebuild the database.
- Reset the PS5– before you go and reset your PS5 console, make sure to to take a backup of your save game files and data so you will not lose the progress in the game. Now, go to the settings>system> software and reset PS5. Now, wait for some time to reboot your console.
Hopefully, all these methods helped you to fix error code CE-34878-0 on PS4 and error code CE-108255-1 on PS5 console.