The PS5 is a gaming machine but many of its users are also using it for streaming. Due to this, PlayStation wants to make sure that this experience is as seamless and enjoyable as possible — which is why they bring the Binge app to the platform. However, although this app seems like it’s made for PS5, many PlayStation 5 owners have reported issues with it. The Bing app is not working on PlayStation 5, which can undoubtedly frustrate people, whether you are aware of the fact or not. Thus, in this article, we are going to briefly talk about some fixes and workarounds for Binge app not working on PS5.
How to Fix the Binge App Not Working on PS5?
If you’re trying to figure out how to fix the Binge app not working on PS5, you’ve come to the right place. There are a few things that could be causing this problem, and we’ll walk you through each of them so you can get back to binge-watching your favorite shows in no time.
1. Restart your PS5 To Fix Binge App Not Working Issue
If the Binge app on your PS5 is acting weird, it might help to restart it, even if you don’t think that will fix the problem. Restarting your PS5 will clear out any bugs that may be causing Binge app to act weird in the first place and can get it up and running as smooth as possible and also giving your device a fresh start.
To restart your PS5, hold down the power button on your console for about 5 seconds until you hear a beep. A message will pop up asking if you want to fully shut down or restart your console. Select “Restart” and wait for about 2 minutes for your console to boot back up again. Once it’s done restarting, launch Binge and see if it now works normally.
2. Verify That Your Internet Connection Is Stable
Make sure your internet connection is working as it should! All streaming services like Binge require an active internet connection. Even if you have a strong signal, we recommend running a speed test with a tool like Speedtest.net or Fast.com to verify that the strength of your signal is enough for streaming video content with Binge App.
While sometime speed tests aren’t perfect, they’ll be able to give you some idea about whether or not you have enough bandwidth for what you’re trying to do. If not, there are a few things you can try: moving around in order to get closer to the router and get a better signal; connecting with ethernet instead of wi-fi; or checking out other networks and choosing the one that gives you the best connection speed.
3. Clear The Cache Of PS5
Sometimes, your PlayStation 5 cache may become corrupted. If this happens, it could affect the ability of the Binge app to load and function properly, resulting in a Binge app not working on PS5 error. If the Binge app is still not working, you can try clearing your PS5’s cache. This will delete all application and system data stored in your system memory, but it won’t erase any files on your game console.
The cache is where your PS5 stores temporary files and data, and over time it can start to get full and cause problems. Because sometimes the cache of your browser might be corrupted due to some reason. This can cause the app to display errors.
In order to fix this, you will need to clear the cache of your PS5 browser. Clearing the cache will delete all of those temporary files and free up space on your console. It can also prevent crashes and freezes.
Clearing the cache on a PlayStation helps to keep the system running smoothly. The PS5 has a lot of storage, but it can fill up quickly with games, updates, and other data. It helps to make sure that you don’t miss out on important information.
If you don’t know how to clear the cache on your Playstation 5, don’t worry. Here’s a step-by-step guide. But don’t try this unless your Playstation 5 is in safe mode.
- To clear the cache files of PS5 device, first thing you have to do is Power OFF your PS5. To do so, Hold the power button for three seconds. You will see some flicker in power indicator before it going off. When turning off the console, keep in mind that one beep signals when the console has actually been turned off.
- When the console is off, press and hold the power button once more. After the second beep is heard, release the button. The user will hear one beep when they first press the button, and another seven seconds later.
- Connect your controller to your computer via USB and press the PS button. You will be presented with an option to “Enter Safe Mode” once it has fully loaded.
- After connecting a USB wire to the console and entering Safe Mode, select Option 5, Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, choose Clear System Software Cache. After that, a text will come up on the screen, saying “System Software Cache will be cleared“. Finally, press OK to proceed. When you select OK, the PlayStation 5 will clear its cache and restart.
4. Clear The Cache of Binge App
Another potential solution is to clear the Binge app’s cache. The cache is a special directory on your PS5 where temporary data is stored, so that an app can load more quickly when you launch it. Typically this is not a problem, but sometimes the cache can cause problems if its contents become outdated. You may have heard people refer to “clearing their browser cache” for similar reasons.
To clear the Binge app’s cache, please follow these steps:
- Turn ON your streaming device and navigate to Settings.
- Choose the Storage menu from the list then, go to the Apps folder.
- Select the Binge app and click on the Clear Cache option.
Once you’ve done this, restart your device and try opening Binge again. This should fix the problem and allow you to watch all your favorite sports content!
5. Update Binge App To The Latest Version on PS5
PS5 users who are looking to use the Binge app will need to update it to the latest version in order to take advantage of all the features. The updated app brings with it a host of new features and bug fixes, resolve glitches that make it essential for PS5 users. This will ensure that you have the best experience possible when using the app on your new console. Here’s what you need to know about updating Binge on your PS5:
- To update Binge to the latest version, Go to the PlayStation 5 store and search for the Binge app.
- Now click on the app and see if there any update available.
- If there is any available update, just tap the update button to install it.
6. Reinstall the Binge app
If you’re having trouble with the Binge app on your PS5 console, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This should fix the problem.
- First thing first, go to your PlayStation 5 home menu.
- Look for the Binge application and press the Options button on your controller.
- Select the Delete option to remove the app from the system.
- Now the final step, go to the PlayStation 5 store and install the latest version of the app.
7. Binge App Not Working on PS5, Check if it experience Outage
We have discussed so many reasons why the Binge app may not be working on PS5. Outage of Binge service may also be one of the reason for its not working.
Binge is one of the most popular pro sports streaming services out there, so it’s no surprise that millions of people use it every day. But some time even the biggest sites like Binge also experience downtime.
Though Binge has yet to experience any major outages and problems, it’s still important to check whether there are any service interruptions. The Binge outage tracker at Downinspector reveals any problems that might be affecting the streaming channel.
8. Change your DNS server setting on PS5
- Go to the PS5’s home screen. In the top right-hand corner of the screen, you should see an option labeled Settings, click on it. In the Settings menu, go to Network. Once you’re in Network page, go to Settings.
- On your screen, you should see a ‘Set up Internet connection‘ button. Click on it. Now, click on the current internet connection you are using. Your Connection name will pop up under Registered networks (if it’s been registered). If it’s not already registered, the name will show up under Networks found.
- Click the options button next to your connection name. Next, select Advanced Settings from the right-hand menu.
- Now go to the Primary DNS section, and enter 18.104.22.168. Then go to the Secondary DNS section, and enter 22.214.171.124. This will ensure that your system automatically uses Google’s DNS servers which are one of the best available. If you use Google’s DNS server for both the Primary and Secondary DNS, you will be able to get pretty reliable connections with low latency and high-performance browsing.
- If this setup doesn’t work for you, feel free to use another DNS server with CloudFlare. For the primary DNS, type in 126.96.36.199, and for the secondary DNS type 188.8.131.52.
- Another best server are Quad9 DNS. If you would like to use the Quad9 DNS server, type in 184.108.40.206 for the Primary DNS and 220.127.116.11 for the Secondary DNS.
- Now any one of these DNS servers, click on Ok to Save.
9. Contact PS5 Support
If you are still having trouble with the Binge app on your PlayStation 5, you can try contacting PS5 support for assistance.
Before you reach out for help, make sure to troubleshoot any issues you are having by following the steps given in this guide. If a few days of troubleshooting do not resolve your problem, contact PS5 support and tell them about it. It is important to explain what your issue is and what steps you have already taken to fix it so that the support staff can help as quickly as possible.
Now that you know the reason why it happens, what you have to do is to check your internet connection. If it still not working, then there is a problem with your device. Hopefully, this article has given you a better idea on how to fix the Binge app not working on PS5. The fixes and workarounds in this article are some of the known solutions that you can opt for if the Binge app does not work on your PS5. If you have any other questions or problems, leave a comment below and we will help you out as much as possible with what we know.