Alan Wake 2, the long-awaited sequel to Remedy Entertainment’s critically acclaimed survival horror game, has finally arrived. This isn’t just another video game; it’s a masterfully woven narrative that plays with language in ways that will leave you in awe. The gameplay, deeply rooted in the survival horror genre, explores uncharted territories within the characters’ minds. Filled with startling revelations and unexpected twists, Alan Wake 2 offers one of the most enthralling storylines in gaming. After a 22-year wait, a game has finally emerged that could challenge Silent Hill 2 (2001) for the title of best survival horror in history, and Remedy’s game stands toe-to-toe with Konami’s timeless classic in this contest. Horror thrives on symmetry: evil twins, dual souls in one body, light and darkness creating shadows, the Other Side, the Dark Place, the Upside Down. However, a few nagging bugs threaten to overshadow its brilliance. In this guide, we’ll address how to fix the audio not working issues in Alan Wake 2 that might hinder your gaming experience on Xbox, PS5, and PC. So, ready your flashlight and join us as we delve into the shadows to reclaim the game’s auditory splendor.
Alan Wake 2 Audio Not Working Fix: A Complete Guide for PC and Console Players
Alan Wake is back, but the darkness has taken his voice. Players across all platforms are experiencing audio issues with the game, from complete silence to crackling and stuttering.
While the developers are working on a fix, there are a few creative workarounds that players can try:
- Adjust the volume mixer settings: Make sure that Alan Wake 2 is not muted in the Windows volume mixer. You can also try adjusting the volume sliders for different audio channels, such as the game volume, voice volume, and music volume.
- Set the sample rate and spatial audio: Try changing the sample rate to 24-bit 44000 Hz or 24-bit 48000 Hz and disabling spatial audio. This can sometimes help to fix audio issues caused by conflicts between the game and your sound card.
- Update your audio drivers: Make sure that you have the latest audio drivers installed for your sound card. You can usually download drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- Fix audio issues in Alan Wake 2 by reinstalling the game on an SSD: If you have installed the game on your HDD drive, that might be the cause of the problem. HDD drives are slower than SSD drives and can affect the performance of the game. To solve this issue, you can try reinstalling Alan Wake 2 on an SSD drive. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Uninstall Alan Wake 2 from your HDD drive. You can do this by going to the Control Panel, selecting Programs and Features, finding Alan Wake 2 in the list, and clicking Uninstall.
- Install Alan Wake 2 on your SSD drive. You can do this by inserting the game disc or downloading the game from your digital store. Make sure you choose the SSD drive as the destination folder when prompted.
- Launch Alan Wake 2 and check if the audio is working properly. If not, you might need to update your audio drivers or adjust the audio settings in the game menu.
- Disable 3D audio: 3D audio can sometimes cause sound problems on the PS5. Try disabling it to see if that resolves the issue. You can do this by going to Settings > Sound > Audio Output and turning off the “Enable 3D Audio for Headphones” option.
- Change the audio format: Experiment with different audio formats, such as Dolby Atmos, Dolby Audio, DTS, and Linear PCM, to find one that works best. You can do this by going to Settings > Sound > Audio Output and selecting the desired audio format from the “Audio Format (Priority)” drop-down menu.
- Switch languages in PS5 games: Sometimes, you might need to download and install a specific language pack to make sure the sound matches your preference. This can help you enjoy the game better and avoid any audio issues. Here are the steps you need to follow to change the language in your PS5 games:
- Find the game title on your screen and click on it.
- Look for the option that says Manage Game Content and select it.
- You will see a list of available language packs for the game. Choose the one you want to use and wait for it to download and install on your PS5.
- Once the installation is done, launch the game and check if the sound is in your chosen language. If not, you might need to change the language settings in the game menu.
- Restart the game: A simple restart can often fix audio issues.
- Change the audio settings: Try changing the audio settings from “headphones” to “stereo uncompressed” or vice versa. You can do this by going to Settings > Audio > Output and selecting the desired audio format from the “Audio Output Mode” drop-down menu.
If you’ve tried all of these workarounds and the audio is still not working, you’ll have to wait for a patch from the developers. But don’t despair! The developers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. In the meantime, try to enjoy the game’s other aspects, such as its stunning visuals and gripping story.
Contact Customer Support:
If you’ve tried all the above steps and the issue persists, reach out to the game’s customer support or the support team for your gaming platform. They may have specific solutions or be aware of ongoing issues.
In conclusion, Alan Wake 2 is undeniably a thrilling journey packed with pulse-racing moments and a captivating storyline. However, audio glitches can dampen the overall experience. By adhering to the troubleshooting steps outlined above, customized for your platform (Xbox, PS5, or PC), you should be able to reinstate the immersive auditory experience that this game provides.
Bear in mind that every problem has a solution, and with a bit of patience and the right guidance, you can return to the terror-filled universe of Alan Wake 2 without any interruptions. Whether it’s the eerie twins, the Dark Place, or the Other Side, you won’t miss a single spine-chilling sound once you’ve addressed these audio issues. Enjoy your gaming!