Guerrilla has released Horizon: Forbidden West Patch 1.09 (1.009.000) notes for players on the PS4 and PS5. According to the official release notes, update 1.09 is designed to fix the issue where players could spawn outside of Cauldron Kai, fix issues with Black Boxes, and general fixes for issues related to game performance to make it more stable.
In case you missed it, Horizon: Forbidden West update 1.07 has just been released. It introduces a convenient “Always Off” option for weapons and tools in the custom HUDs, as well as fixes for the issues with speaking to Porguf during side quest “Breaking Even” and more.
Unfortunately, we still have a handful of game-breaking issues that are causing problems for players. Horizon: Forbidden West patch 1.09 will fix a few of these problems.
Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.09 Patch Notes Details, March 30, 2022
- Addressed a bug in Main Quest “The Dying Lands” where machines would stay stuck behind an energy shield.
- Addressed a bug in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where the player could get stuck in invisible collision.
- Addressed a bug in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where Dekka would be standing behind the throne and cannot be interacted with.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “The Second Verse” where Zo would not be in Plainsong after completing all Main Quests.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “Drowned Hopes” where the player could “pry open” rocks from the wrong side, breaking progression.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “The Deluge” where Aloy could become stuck in the ground under water after igniting firegleam.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “The Deluge” where Snapmaws could become stuck inside a wall, out of Aloy’s reach.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “Thirst for the Hunt” where the quest did not update after killing the Thunderjaw.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “Lofty Ambitions” where Morlund could conveniently get stuck in a rock, leaving Aloy to take on the Stormbird on her own while he cheered her on from safety.
- Addressed a bug in Side Quest “In the Fog” where the memorial marker could not be found in Scrap Piles.
- Addressed a bug where alternating between Side Quest “What was lost” and Errand Quest “First to Fly” would cause Kotallo to be unable to be interacted with.
- Addressed a bug in Errand Quest “Supply Drop” where Littay would become stuck underneath the terrain.
- Addressed a bug in Errand Quest “Shining Example” where the player could block progression by destroying the metal flower’s vines before the “Destroy the Metal Flower’s Vines” mission objective shows up.
- Addressed a bug in Errand Quest “Sons of Prometheus Data” where the ambushers took the term ‘ghosted’ to a new level and are no longer present after dying.
- Addressed a bug in Cauldron “Kappa” where the player could respawn in an out of bounds area.
- Addressed a bug in Rebel Camp “First Forge” where reloading a specific save game would spawn the player underneath the terrain.
- Addressed a bug in Salvage Contract “Colleague and Key” where the player would get stuck in an “Examine the Disc Launcher” animation.
- Addressed a bug in Relic Ruin “The Dry Yearn” where the railroad cart could get stuck behind a piece of rubble.
- Addressed a bug in Relic Ruin “The Long Coast” where a pullable crate can get stuck in the water.
- Addressed a bug where the Black Boxes could not be picked up.
- Addressed a bug where the Black Boxes could not be handed in with Untalla.
- Fixed issues when remapping specific button actions.
- Further improvements related to shimmering/sharpness.
Performance and Stability
- Loading screen reductions.
- Crash fixes.
- Localization and spelling fixes.
- Fixed several issues that prevented 100% completion in the Notebook. Completionists rejoice!
- Fixed several issues where the player could escape from a boss fight with a mount.
- Addressed a bug where customizations to the Hunter’s Kit would not persist after restarting save.
- Rebalanced several combat mechanics.
- Fixed multiple Music issues.
Horizon Forbidden West update 1.09 is now available to download on all supported platforms. You can find more information about game updates and news in our Horizon Forbidden West section.