Hogwarts Legacy is an exciting new game that has been causing quite a stir in the gaming community. The game is set in the world of Harry Potter and offers players the chance to experience life as a wizard or witch in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. However, despite all the excitement surrounding the game, some players have been encountering a frustrating issue with the texture not loading properly. This can result in objects appearing distorted or invisible, affecting the overall gameplay experience. If you’re one of the many players who have been facing this issue, don’t worry! In this article, we will provide you with several tips and tricks that you can try to fix the texture not loading issue in Hogwarts Legacy.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Texture And Graphics Not Loading Issue In Hogwarts Legacy?
Hogwarts Legacy is an eagerly awaited game set in the Harry Potter universe. The game is a story-driven action RPG that allows players to attend the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, learn magic spells and explore the vast world of the wizarding world. However, the release of the game has been marred by several issues, including the pop-in of textures and graphics that seem to be poorly optimized.
The problem of bad graphics and textures pop-in has been a major concern for many players. It’s one of the biggest criticisms of the game and has been the source of frustration for many players. Despite the issue being widely reported, the developers have not yet acknowledged the issue.
However, the good news is that there are several methods that users can use to fix the graphics issues in Hogwarts Legacy. These methods are simple, straightforward and can help resolve the problem in no time. Here are some of the most effective methods to fix the bad graphics and texture not loading in Hogwarts Legacy:
1. Update Your Graphics Card Drivers:
Updating your graphics card drivers is the initial and critical step to take when encountering any graphics-related issues or problems. In today’s world where technology is constantly advancing and evolving, keeping your graphics card drivers up-to-date is essential for ensuring optimal performance and seamless experience.
Outdated graphics card drivers can lead to compatibility issues, slower performance, or even prevent certain applications from running. By updating your graphics card drivers, you can address these problems and unlock the full potential of your graphics card. The process of updating your graphics card drivers is simple and straightforward, and it can be done through the manufacturer’s website or through a specialised driver update tool.
2. Optimise Texture Settings
Next most effective ways to resolve the pop-in issue is to adjust the texture quality of the game. This will help eliminate any visual disruptions and create a more immersive experience for the player. To adjust the texture quality, follow these steps:
- Launch the Steam launcher and go to the Library.
- Locate Hogwarts Legacy in the left pane and click on it.
- Click on the Play button to start the game.
- Once inside, access the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the Display option and set the Textures to Epic.
- Adjust the Texture Streaming Poolsize to 7000.
- If the setting is already at 7000, try reducing it to 2000 and then setting it back to 7000 to see if it has any effect on the graphics quality.
By following these steps, you should notice a significant improvement in the textures and graphics quality of your Hogwarts Legacy game. So, go ahead and enjoy a smooth and seamless gaming experience.
3. Increase Virtual Memory
To resolve the texture and graphics not loading issue in Hogwarts Legacy, you need to increase the virtual memory on your computer. The lack of free memory on your system can often be the cause of this issue. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Go to Performance and Maintenance, then System.
- In the Advanced tab, select Settings under Performance.
- Under the Advanced tab, click on Change under Virtual memory.
- Choose the drive that contains the paging file you want to change under Drive [Volume Label].
- If the system paging file size was set to System Managed, click on Custom size under Paging file size for selected drive.
- Enter a new paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box.
- Finally, click on Set and restart your PC to apply the changes.
4. Maximizing the Field of View
Increasing the Field of View (FOV) can have a significant impact on the graphical issues you may be facing. FOV is an important setting that can affect your game’s performance and the graphics that are displayed. To change the FOV setting, go to the game’s settings menu and adjust the slider according to your hardware performance. If you have a high-end graphics card, you can set the FOV to a higher value, while if you have a low-end graphics card, you should keep it at a lower value.
5. Visual Settings
Another way to improve the texture and graphics loading issue is to adjust the other visual settings in the game. For example, you can turn off shadow effects, anti-aliasing, and other similar effects to reduce the load on your graphics card. This will not only help improve the texture and graphics loading issue, but it will also help your game run smoother and reduce any lag or stutter you may be experiencing.
6. Adjust View Distance
The view distance in a video game refers to the amount of the world that is visible to the player from their current location. This can range from a few meters to kilometers and can greatly affect the performance of the game. The more distance that is visible, the more objects and elements that are loaded into the game at once. This can lead to slowdowns, lag, and other performance issues that can be frustrating for players.
To improve performance, players can adjust the view distance to reduce the number of objects that need to be loaded at once. By reducing the view distance, the game can load and display only the objects that are necessary, leading to a smoother and more stable experience. This can be especially helpful for players who have older or less powerful computers that may struggle to handle the demands of larger view distances.
7. Verify and Repair Game Files
If you’re a fan of the game Hogwarts Legacy, it’s important to make sure that the game files are functioning properly. Verifying and repairing game files is an essential process that helps players to identify and fix any issues or corruptions that might be affecting the performance of the game. Sometimes, game files can become corrupted or missing, which can cause issues when playing the game. In order to ensure that your experience is smooth and without any interruptions, it’s recommended to verify and repair the game files. It is a simple and straightforward process that can be done in just a few clicks, but it can make a huge difference in the game’s overall performance and stability.
- For Steam users, the process is straightforward. You’ll need to launch Steam and then click on the Library tab. Find Hogwarts Legacy in the list of installed games, right-click on it, and select Properties. From there, you’ll want to go to the Local Files tab and click on the option to Verify Integrity of Game Files. This process can take some time, so be patient while it’s running. Once it’s completed, restart your computer to see the changes.
- For those using the Epic Games Launcher, the process is similarly straightforward. Open the Epic Games Launcher, go to your Library, and click on the three dots icon next to Hogwarts Legacy. From there, click on Verify, and wait for the repair process to complete. Once it’s done, reboot your PC to apply the changes.
In conclusion, there are several methods you can use to resolve texture and graphics not loading issues in Hogwarts Legacy. By updating your graphics card drivers, optimising texture settings, increasing virtual memory, maximizing your Field of View, adjusting visual settings, reducing the view distance, and verifying and repairing game files, you can enjoy a smooth and seamless gaming experience.