Hogwarts Legacy has taken the gaming world by storm with its early access launch on Steam. The game, not yet released to the public, is accessible only to those who pre-ordered the deluxe edition. They can now explore the enchanting world of Hogwarts. Unfortunately, players are encountering performance problems, such as high or 100% memory usage. The game experience is negatively affected by this. Despite having ample RAM on their systems, players are reporting that their CPU usage is reaching the maximum limit, leading to low FPS and a jarring gaming experience. From DualSense controller malfunctions to screen tearing and flickering, and even black screens, players were left disappointed by the rough experience.
However, players often encounter issues with memory usage exceeding 100%. Don’t worry, we’re here to help. We’ve got a quick guide to fix the problem and optimize your Hogwarts Legacy experience. Don’t let frustration get in the way of your wizarding adventures. Follow our guide to keep your memory usage in check.
Table of Contents
Fix The 100% Memory Usage Problem In Hogwarts Legacy With Ease Using These Tips
If you’re experiencing high or 100% memory usage in Hogwarts Legacy, don’t worry. There are several potential causes, including the use of integrated graphics, outdated or faulty drivers, or even an unoptimized game. However, with the right steps, you can effectively resolve this issue and get back to playing your favorite game with ease.
In this thorough guide, we’ve gathered all of the potential solutions to fix high or 100% memory usage in Hogwarts Legacy, so you can get back to casting spells and exploring the magical world of Hogwarts with confidence.
Restart Your PC
The first and simplest solution is to restart both your PC and the game. This may sound basic, but it can often fix the problem quickly and efficiently. After restarting your computer, launch the game again and check if the memory usage has improved. If not, proceed to the next step.
In some cases, high memory usage in Hogwarts Legacy can be due to the game not being optimized for your system. The game developers might have overlooked some aspects of the game that are causing it to consume a large amount of memory. To resolve this issue, you can try the following:
- Lowering the game’s graphics settings: Lowering the game’s graphics settings can significantly reduce the amount of memory it uses.
- Closing background programs: Multiple open applications eat up a lot of memory and hamper your gaming experience. Avoid this by closing unneeded apps before starting to play. This way, your computer will have enough memory to run games smoothly.
- Clearing the game’s cache: Clearing the game’s cache can help free up some memory and improve the game’s performance.
- Updating the game: Updating the game can also resolve any optimization issues that might be causing high memory usage.
Graphics Driver-Related Issues
Another reason for high memory usage in Hogwarts Legacy could be due to outdated or corrupt graphics card drivers. Up-to-date drivers are crucial. Outdated drivers may result in high memory usage and other problems. To fix this, update your graphics card drivers. Find the latest version on the manufacturer’s website.
Do Not Use Integrated Graphics
One of the most common reasons behind high memory usage in Hogwarts Legacy is due to the use of integrated graphics. Integrated graphics cards are built into your computer’s CPU and use your computer’s memory to render graphics.
However, they are not as powerful as dedicated graphics cards and can quickly consume a large portion of your system’s memory. To resolve this issue, you will need to switch to a dedicated graphics card.
If your computer does not have a dedicated graphics card, you can try updating your integrated graphics drivers or purchasing an external graphics card.
Make Sure The Steam Download Cache Is Cleared
The next step you should take is to clear the cache files from your Steam account. Clearing the cache can help free up valuable memory space and improve the performance of your games. Here are the steps to do it:
- Sign in to your Steam account.
- Click on the Steam menu.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the “Downloads” tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Clear download cache” button.
By clearing the cache, you can free up space on your hard drive and improve the performance of your games. This can help reduce memory usage and prevent crashes while you play.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
Another easiest solution to high or 100% memory usage in Hogwarts Legacy is to verify the integrity of the game files. This process checks for any missing or corrupted files and replaces them with the original files from the game’s servers. Here are the steps to verify the integrity of the game files:
- Launch Steam on your computer and go to the Steam Library.
- Right-click on the game, Hogwarts Legacy, and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files button and let Steam check for any missing or corrupted files.
- If Steam finds any issues, it will automatically download the necessary files to replace them.
- Once the process is complete, restart the game and check if the memory usage has been reduced.
In conclusion, high or 100% memory usage in Hogwarts Legacy can be frustrating, but it is fixable. By following the solutions outlined in this guide, you can resolve this issue and enjoy the game without any interruptions. If you have tried all the solutions mentioned and still experience high memory usage, it might be a good idea to consult with a professional or seek support from the game’s developers.