Game consoles are meant to be played with controllers. When you use a controller to play Forza Horizon 5 (FH5), it is much easier than any other type of gaming controller for this particular game. But since there are different types of controllers, some might not work well with your device. And so if the controller keeps disconnecting, then it can be very frustrating indeed.
A controller disconnected error is an issue that can be experienced while playing Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox One or the Windows platform. This occurs when either your wheel or controller stops communicating with the game. This FH5 controller disconnected error can result in losing some progress or resetting back to your last save point. Thankfully, the problem resolves very easily by performing the steps listed below.
How To Fix Forza Horizon 5 (FH5) “Controller Disconnected” Error?
One of the most entertaining parts of racing games these days is that you can now control them with a controller or a wheel. However, if either of these devices disconnects while you are playing the game then it will obviously hold your enjoyment back. Hence, if such problem has occurred to you and you’re looking for a solution, here is the answer. These are some fixes that you can try if you get this error message.
Test Your Controller:
Before you can fix the “Controller Disconnected” error in Forza Horizon 5, you should test your controller. A faulty controller may be the cause Forza Horizon 5 controller disconnection error. There are a few things you can do to test if your controller is working or faulty.
Press the windows key along with the R key. You will then get a small dialog box that will ask you to enter a command in a text field. So type “joy.cpl” and hit enter. Once you hit enter a device manager window will pop up with a list of attached hardware to your PC. Select your controller from this list and right click on it, there is an option called Properties, click on it and inside this window you will find a button that says test. There is a chance the controller is faulty if it does not appear in this list.
Check Controller is Properly Connected:
If you’re having trouble with your controller, there are some things you should always do first to fix it. If you’re using a wired controller, try disconnecting and reconnecting it. For Bluetooth controllers , make sure your controller is paired properly. If still experiencing problems, try temporarily turning Bluetooth off and back on again. You should always try this basic step first in order to resolve Controller Disconnected issue.
Fix FH5 Controller Disconnected Issue On Xbox And Steering Wheel
Disconnection issues are the most common technical hiccups that you’ll experience with your Xbox console. If your Xbox is not connecting to the wheel. What should you do? Take a look at these troubleshooting tips.
- During a game, press WIN + G to open the Xbox Game Bar.
- Click anywhere on the screen with your mouse, but be careful not to move it.
- Use the controller or steering wheel to press the “Confirm button.” Once you have done this you can begin driving!
Fix Controller Issue On PS4 And PS5
The disconnection issues that players are facing with the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 controllers are due to the fact that Forza Horizon 5 is an Xbox and PC exclusive title. However, you can still play using your PS4 and PS5 controllers by following some steps. In case you want to play with your PS controller, there are a few workarounds. Let’s look at them:
- You need to download DS4Windows first to connect your PlayStation controller to your PC. You must do this first.
- Then go to DS4’s Settings and click “Hide DS4 Controller“.
- Once done, connect your controller to your PC. The light should start blinking now.
- In Windows, go to the Device Manager and search for “Human Interface Device“. You will find a “HID-compliant game controller” there.
- Please plug and unplug the controller to refresh the device manager. It says “HID-compliant game controller” is disabled – click enable to enable it.
- You should now see your device in DS4Windows. You can now launch Forza Horizon 5. You’re not yet done! To switch to the DS4Windows window, press Alt and Tab at the same time.
- Click on “Hide DS4 Controller” to uncheck it. If it still doesn’t work, try tabbing into the window again and enabling it again. You will have to repeat those steps again. Your controller will display the Xbox Buttons, but that is okay!
Controller Should Always Be Charged:
Forza Horizon 5 players may experience the error “Controller Disconnected” if their controller batteries die while playing. Make sure your controller is charged or that you have replaced the old batteries before beginning a game.
Check Your Controller Drivers:
Third-party controllers often come with their own drivers, but you will want to make sure you have already installed them before using them. You can check which drivers you need from the official manufacturer’s site. If you did install the drivers correctly and then always make sure, they are up to date. If not, update the driver to the latest version.
Check Control Panel For Your Device:
Since there are so many different things that can cause this error, please check if your controller is even being detected by your PC. If FH5 controller is detected but not working, then the problem is with that controller and not your PC. Here are the steps you need to take to get started:
- Search for ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and open it.
- Select Hardware and Sound. Then select Devices and Printers.
- Your controller should appear there if your PC has detected it. However, you should plug your controller into a different USB port if it doesn’t appear here. Make sure you use one that supports 3.0.
Try Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers To Fix FH5 Controller Disconnected Error:
This is a problem caused by a bad installation of the controller drivers and will require an uninstall and reinstall to fix it! If you use any wheel, you can test this fix by disconnecting it from your computer. Simply reinstall the driver after removing it.
In this guide you will learn everything you need to know about fixing controller disconnections. In some cases it can be as simple as restarting the console, but if that doesn’t work, there are some more advanced fixes for this issue. That’s it! Now Forza Horizon 5 runs smoother than ever before. We hope this was helpful. Enoy!