Dinosaur Fossil Hunter is a game that simulates the real-life of an archeologist. It’s received high praise for its execution of the story and gameplay, but is held back by various bugs and glitches in the game. Many players have reported that they’re having all sorts of issues when trying to run the game or play it, like crashes, game not launching, and more. Thankfully, the community discovered fixes that remedy most of these issues, and we’ll be listing them here. Read on to know how you can fix the Dinosaur Fossil Hunter not launching issue.
How To Fix Dinosaur Fossil Hunter Not Launching Issue?
Many fans have been encountering various bugs when trying to play Dinosaur Fossil Hunter and are upset with the lack of optimization from the dev’s end. Thankfully the community discovered a few fixes and shared them with people in hopes of having a smooth experience and being able to play the game normally. With that being said, here are some of the workarounds that’ll fix the game.
Method 1. Run Dinosaur Fossil Hunter as administrator
While we can’t tell you exactly how to fix a game that won’t launch, we can advise verifying that the game is running as an administrator. Here’s how:
- On your desktop, right-click on the icon for Dinosaur Fossil Hunter and select “Properties.”
- Click on the “Compatibility” tab.
- Check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click on “Apply” then select “OK.”
- Try running Dinosaur Fossil Hunter again and see if you’re able to play it now. If this didn’t work, move onto Method 2.
Method 2. Free Up Some Space So The Game Can Run
It may seem obvious, but you need to make sure that your computer has enough free space for the game. If not, it will not launch and instead show an error message saying that you don’t have enough storage.
To fix this issue, check for the minimum game requirements on its official website or Steam page, and compare them with your computer’s specifications. If you need more storage space, try deleting files from your system or moving them to an external hard drive.
Alternatively, you can check your hard drive for errors using Disk Cleanup or a third-party tool like CCleaner. You can also defragment it to speed up the reading process, which should help Dinosaur Fossil Hunter perform better in general.
Method 3. Check If An Antivirus Is Blocking The Game From Running.
- Check if an antivirus program is blocking the game from running. Antivirus programs can often block games from running, especially if the games are installed in steam and don’t have a license. To check and fix this problem:
- Open your antivirus program window and look for exceptions or whitelisted items. In this list, find the Dinosaur Fossil Hunter exe file (DinosaurFossilHunter_x64_Data\DinosaurFossilHunter_x64) and check if it is blocked by your antivirus software. If it is, add it to the exception list on your antivirus software, so that it won’t be blocked by your antivirus software anymore.
- If you can’t find Dinosaur Fossil Hunter in the exception list, turn off your antivirus software temporarily and then launch Dinosaur Fossil Hunter again to see if the “game won’t launch” problem still persists or not.
- Now, If turning off your antivirus software allows you to run Dinosaur Fossil Hunter without problems, you should consider uninstalling that particular antivirus program, because all other programs on your computer could also be prevented from running by this program as well.
Method 4. Verify The Integrity Of Dinosaur Fossil Hunter Files
Verifying the integrity of game files helps resolve corrupted game files. The Steam client will check all of your files to make sure they match up with what’s in their database, and replace any corrupted or modified ones it finds. This process can take some time, depending on how many files need to be updated. This is a very simple process that can be done from within Steam:
- Open the Steam client, and log in to your account if necessary.
- In your library, right-click on Dinosaur Fossil Hunter and select Properties.
- Select Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.
- Once this process is completed, try relaunching Dinosaur Fossil Hunter to see if it’s working properly now.
Method 5. Update or Reinstall the Game
Users have fixed this issue by reinstalling the game. You can either try to reinstall the game directly or uninstall and then re-download it from Steam library.
- Reinstall the game directly: If you have a setup file, just navigate to where you installed the game and run the setup file (usually named as “setup.exe”). When coming to a dialog box asking you whether to Repair or Remove your current installation, choose Repair and then restart your computer.
- Reinstall from Steam: Start Steam client > Navigate to Library tab > Right click on Dinosaur Fossil Hunter under Games tab > Choose Uninstall > Reinstall it when done.
If these two methods don’t work, contact Steam support for help.
Method 6. Fix Not Launching Issue By Uninstall Citrix Workspace
If your PC has the Citrix Workspace app installed, the game might not be able to launch due to a conflict in services. To fix the issue, uninstall the Citrix Workspace app from your computer and relaunch the game.
Citrix Workspace may cause problems when you launch Dinosaur Fossil Hunter, so it’s necessary to remove Citrix Workspace from your computer.
- Navigate to the Control Panel on your computer and click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Citrix Workspace in the list of installed programs, right-click on it, and choose Uninstall.
- Restart your computer once you’ve uninstalled the program.
If you don’t play Dinosaur Fossil Hunter but still need Citrix Workspace, we recommend reinstalling it after this process is complete.
In conclusion, we explained the most common causes for Dinosaur Fossil Hunter not launching, and how to fix them. If you applied all the fixes recommended in this article and still can’t launch the game, then you should contact game’s official support page for additional help by submitting a ticket on their website. Their support team will be happy to assist you further. Don’t forget to check out other guides on our website for more tech-related content!