NBA 2K22 is one of the most popular video games developed by Visual Concept. However, this game has also encountered several problems, even though it has sold impressively well. One of the most common issues that comes up with this game is the NBA 2K22 Error EFEAB30C or 4B538E50.
The most common message received upon launching NBA 2K22 is the error message: EFEAB30C OR 4B538E50, and many have been quite frustrated with the same. As a result, they have been showing their disappointment online in forums and public platforms. The problem also occurs with previous NBA games as well, the predecessor of the latest installment from 2K Sports. This is not a bug or a glitch that will freeze the game or mess up your system in any way. In fact, your data will be perfectly intact when you encounter this issue.
So, What causes NBA 2K22 error EFEAB30C? If you found this article using a Google search, you must be having the error.
What is NBA 2K22 error EFEAB30C OR 4B538E50?
If you get an error message with the error code of “EFEAB30C” or “4B538E50”, you might be an unlucky one for not getting the update of NBA 2K22. This error popup is usually seen when you get started playing the game without installing the most recent data. As long as you don’t have the latest update, you cannot play. To fix NBA 2K22 common error EFEAB30C or Error 4B538E50, it’s best that you check for updates.
However, there are a few other causes for this error message, aside from the one above. We have given you a short guide for how to resolve this error message and list the reasons for the error:
Also Read: How to Fix NBA 2K22 Missing MyCareer File Error? | Easy Guide
Your hard drive no longer has space reserved for the game
NBA 2K22 is much like any other game and uses reserved space on your hard drive to store updates and patches. If you delete this reserved disk space, the game might also generate the same error message as mentioned earlier. So it is not a good idea to delete any such space from your hard drive.
You have exceeded the limit of NBA 2K accounts on your console
Currently, a maximum of five NBA 2K accounts can be created on a single console. Accounts that are not the first five created on a console will no longer be able to access servers after the sixth account is created. So please ensure you have a complete backup of your saved data before attempting a sixth profile.
Download not complete
In most cases, NBA 2K22 problems result from the latest data and update not being downloaded complete.The error message: EFEAB30C OR 4B538E50 will appear upon trying to play the game. The latest data download must be completed before players can continue playing.
Neither the PC nor the console editions of NBA 2K22 are free from this problem. In other words, the download time will vary depending on how big the lastest data is and how fast your internet connection works. In some cases, the download can be huge and takes up to several hours even with high internet connection speed.
When you are done downloading the next season’s roster, you’ll be told to return to the main menu. Go back there, and you’ll see a loading screen while the new data is applied.
Also Read: NBA 2K22 – How To Fix Error Code 4b538e50
Send a new confirmation email for your account
- Visit the NBA 2K website.
- Please click “Sign In”.
- Log in to MyPlayer with your user name and password.
- If you succeed in logging in, your account will be automatically re-verified.
Having trouble connecting to NBA 2K servers because of software
The players will need to follow these steps if this is the case:
- Open “CMD” command on Windows computer. Make sure your computer is connected with the router you use to to play NBA 2K22.
- Type the following command when “CMD” is opened: pathping -n 18.104.22.168
- Statistics appear on the command prompt after a short period of time. You can paste the output in Notepad by copying it.
- Now, once again, type: tracert 22.214.171.124 into the CMD prompt. Please wait until a window will appear that says ‘Trace Completed’.
- You should also copy this information and sent it to customer support as an attachment.
There is an issue with data sync
To avoid error EFEAB30C, downloading patches and updates is essential. Make sure to completely download all patches and updates before applying them to your game.
Here are the steps to follow if your data on the Nintendo Switch and data is out of sync:
- Press and hold the power button.
- Go to the menu and select “Power Options.”.
- Click “Power Off” to completely shut down the Switch.
- Lastly, boot up NBA 2K22 after you turn on your Switch.
NOTE: If you receive a message indicating that MyPlayer Account has expired, click here for instructions:
If you are using a computer
- Check out this link
- Log in by clicking “Sign In”.
- Pick your preferred online service (either Xbox Live, PSN, Nintendo, or Steam).
- Put in your email address or login name and password. When a new account is successfully logged in, the verification is complete.