LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) build is now available to download for Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphones. In this article we will explain step-by-step guide how can you download and install Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 on your device.
Important Notice:- Here are the few very important things that you should do before you download LineageOS 17.1 on your smartphone.
- Make sure that you have backup all your important data of your device. This LineageOS 17.1 may contains bugs that can cause any unusual thing and you might lose your data.
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro requires an unlock bootloader on the smartphone.It will VOID your warranty. So, make sure you have done this essential step first.
- You need enough battery in your phone so that the process would not be interrupted.
So, make sure that you’ve taken all the listed measures. Now, follow the steps given below to download and install LineageOS 17.1 files on your smartphone.
Table of Contents
Guide: How to download and install LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) on Redmi Note 8 Pro
First Time Installation of Redmi Note 8 Pro LineageOS 17.1
- First install TWRP or CWM Custom Recovery on your Redmi Note 8 Pro. Now boot smartphone into the TWRP Recovery Mode to install the LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) custom ROM.
- Now wipe the Data partition, Cache partition and the System partition. This will delete all your data on your phone, so make sure that you have a backup of all relevant partitions.
- ADB Sideload the Redmi Note 8 Pro LineageOS 17.1 zip file.
- After this, reboot into the TWRP recovery again and then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Now reboot your device and enjoy LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10).
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for the phone.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your device, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- All done, reboot your device and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
Redmi Note 8 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.53-inches (1080×2340 pixels)
- Processor: Helio G90T
- RAM: 6GB/ 8GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB/ 128GB/ 256GB
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3″, 0.9µm
- Rear Camera: 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- OS: Android 9
- Battery: 4500mAh