Dota 2 update 7.31 is now rolling out for players on Steam. The new update includes Ability Draft, and Monkey King Mischief game mode. In addition, the new 7.31 update also included various bug fixes as well as gameplay changes. This update 7.31 will require around 900MB of free space to install on PC.
An earlier update introduced many bug fixes and quality of life improvements. Despite all the fixes, players continue to experience several issues. Some of these issues will be fixed in today’s patch 7.31 for Dota 2. Read on for more information.
Dota 2 Update 7.31 Patch Notes Details, November 16, 2021
Monkey King Mischief
- Monkey King can now turn into nearby lane or neutral creeps.
- Added healthbar when Monkey King transforms into courier, Roshan or creeps.
- Fixed a bug where a small percentage of the time Monkey King would transform into an invisible model.
- Drafting Wukong’s Command grants Mischief. (Only Monkey King can turn into trees.)
- Call of the Wild default changed to Hawk. Boar can still be accessed by toggling auto-cast.
- A number of previously unavailable Scepter/Shard abilities are now granted when drafting base abilities, abilities are accessed by toggling auto-cast on the base spell:
- Tree Volley granted with Tree Grab
- Torrent Storm granted with Torrent
- Terror Wave granted with Metamorphosis
- Death Seeker granted with Death Pulse
- Cold Blooded granted with Mystic Snake (Cold Blooded passive ability is hidden)
- Hairball granted with Quill Spray (Nasal Goo required for Goo in Hairball)
- Shuffling player slots is now a lobby option for Ability Draft lobbies and works on hosted servers. Default is on.
- Fixed Talent bug with Winter Wyvern and Wind Ranger.
Moving Dota Technology Forward
Following up on our previous announcement about the future of Dota’s technology, with this update we have:
- Removed support for native XAudio support — the default audio system is now SDL.
- Deprecated DirectX 9 support — as the penultimate step toward removing support for this render system, users who have been using DirectX 9 have been switched to DirectX 11. To facilitate reporting problems with DirectX 11, we’ve added a temporary command-line flag-deprecated_dx9 (which itself will be removed in the coming weeks).
- Removed support for OpenGL on Windows. The optional DLC that previously contained the data required for OpenGL on Windows has been emptied and will be removed soon. Deprecation of OpenGL on macOS and Linux will be coming with a separate update.
- Removed support for Dota on 32-bit systems.