COD Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) is a fantastic shooter with an amazing campaign and a solid multiplayer offering. It is an excellent shooting game that is constantly improving on what was already great in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The shootouts are stunning and the gameplay is incredibly enjoyable. Definitely worth picking up if you’re looking for a multiplayer game this year. But before you go ahead and get this game, there are quite a number of potential issues the game is experiencing right now that you should be aware of before you buy it. There is a widespread issue that occurs when players play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with their friends and the party chat or player mic doesn’t work, it is something that often happens to them while playing.
Before you take the steps to fix this issue, you should check first to see if the real problem is with your microphone or if it is something else you need to take care of. A quick way to detect whether a microphone issue exists is to ask your teammates if they are able to hear you. Check the game’s chat or the scoreboard to see if another player has a live mic or is in voice chat during a match to see if they have a live mic or are in voice chat.
Although these types of issues can occur occasionally, there are a number of ways that can be used to ensure they do not arise. Here is how you can fix COD Modern Warfare 2 2022’s party chat not working issue using the method we describe in this article.
How To Fix Cod Modern Warfare 2 Party Chat And Mic Not Working Issue On PC, Xbox, PS4, and PS5
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has a lot to offer. There is no doubt that Call of Duty is an uneasy series, which is filled with both highs and lows. Modern Warfare reboot in 2019 was Activision’s attempt to freshen up the series after well over a decade. It’s a great game with good gunplay and solid gameplay, but unfortunately like most Call Of Duty games, there are just too many flaws that make the game difficult to play. In this article, we will take a look at how to fix COD Modern Warfare 2 2022’s party chat not working issue with a number of different methods that will hopefully help you.
Solution 1: Make Sure To Enable Microphone
The best way to get the appropriate voice chat option in-game is to allow your gaming device to access the microphone so that you can activate it immediately. In order to do so, simply follow these steps:
- Firstly, open the Start menu by pressing Win and searching for Microphone Privacy Settings. Allow apps to access your microphone by turning on the Microphone access option and enabling the Let apps access your microphone option.
- The next thing you need to do is to ensure that the default device is set within the Control Panel. In Windows 10 or later, Go to the Start menu, select Hardware and Sound, click on Sound, and then right-click on the connected microphone.
- The next step is to set it as the default device. Next, you should right-click on the microphone, go to Properties, and select Advanced Allow applications to access the microphone (such as COD: MW2).
- Open the main menu on your PS4/PS5 console, go to the cogwheel icon in the top right corner, choose Sound > Select Microphone.
- Now select ‘Controller Microphone’ for ‘Input Device’, try changing the controller microphone status to ‘unmute’ via the dropdown menu.
- Next, select the connected gaming headset for ‘Input Device’, play the COD Modern Warfare 2 game and check for the voice chat not working issue.
- To begin, Press the Xbox button on your controller to enable the headset mic.
- Go to Audio & Music > Select Headset mic > Turn it ON, now, adjust the microphone settings by launching COD: Modern Warfare 2.
- Then go to Audio Settings > Choose Microphone Device, if it’s set to default, try changing it to the connected microphone/headset manually.
- Then Enable the headset & speakers option from Xbox Settings, select General > Choose Volume & audio output.
- Navigate to Additional options > Select Party chat output > Choose Headset & speakers.
- After completing this step, be sure to test the voice chat by playing the game.
Solution 2: Reduce The Threshold For Recording Open Mic
Here is another way you can fix the Modern Warfare 2 mic not working issue. It is possible to fix the issue by reducing the recording threshold in the voice chat settings. Simply go to the game’s settings, then to Audio and then to Voice Chat. Then you need to lower the Open Mic Recording Threshold.
Solution 3: Muted Mics Don’t Work
Make sure you check your microphone input and its status to ensure nothing is wrong. It may sound absurd, but there are multiple ways to mute your microphone and those around you. It is possible that your microphone might have been accidentally muted, which would explain why you can’t be heard by others. Check the “Voice Chat” setting in the Audio settings and make sure the headset’s volume wheel and/or mute switch are not muted.
Solution: 4 Connect The Microphone Properly
The microphone should be properly connected to the gaming device. If you notice an issue like this, unplug the microphone jack and reconnect it again. Sometimes a faulty or loose jack connection can cause it. Once it’s connected, you can check to see if it works.
Solution: 5 Enable Crossplay Communication On PS5
The other option you may consider is enabling cross-play communication with your PlayStation 5 if you are having problems with the party chat. It is generally necessary to do this when you play with friends on different platforms at the same time. For this option to be available, you must select the Account & Network option in the game’s Settings. The next step is to enable the Crossplay Communication feature so make sure that the Crossplay option is enabled.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 2022 promises to be a game of incredible quality, with an extremely high level of detail, realism, and graphics. It compares very favorably with other games in the series but has been improved on. It offers long, addictive hours of immersive play when you immerse yourself in it with all the new add-ons and game modes available. There are however so many bugs and errors in this game just like in other AAA games. Hopefully, this article will be able to fix the COD Modern Warfare 2 2022 party chat not working issue that you were having. Please be sure to check out some other interesting articles and guides that are available by clicking here.