As a holiday gift to players, developer Larian Studios has released update 1.005.005 for the fantasy RPG Baldur’s Gate 3 with Hotfix #15. Arriving just in time for the winter solstice, this patch aims to fix several lingering issues that have impacted the early access game.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Update 1.005.005 Hotfix #15 Fixing Crashes and Gameplay Issues
Tackling Crashes and Performance Problems
A major focus of BG3 update 1.005.005 seems to be eliminating crashes across all platforms. Specific crash triggers addressed include autosaves, multiplayer disconnects, physics systems, disarming enemies in combat, modding, and switching to the challenging Honor Mode. Memory leaks, frame rate hitches, and save file bloating also saw improvements. These changes should smooth out gameplay and prevent frustrating losses of progress.
Multiplayer and Split-Screen Enhancements
Co-op and split-screen players receive some welcome fixes as well. Chest inventory glitches transitioning between modes are resolved. Control and spell preparation for the second player should now work correctly if the first player moves their camera. Other tweaks prevent avatar assignment issues when reconnecting. Together these changes bolster the multiplayer experience.
Restoring Intended Gameplay Elements
Evidently, some gameplay elements broke down in the transition to the major Patch 4 update. For example, players could no longer interact with NPC followers at camp. Specific character scenes and quest solutions also failed to trigger properly. Thankfully update 1.005.005 rights many of these wrongs. Karlach now gets her personal Avernus scene regardless of status. Gale’s abruptly ending dialogue now completes. And the pivotal “Deal with the Devil” quest better accounts for player decisions.
Miscellaneous Fixes and Polish
Rounding out update 1.005.005 is an assortment of smaller fixes that still impact the overall feel of Baldur’s Gate 3. Korean language support comes to Mac. Weapon textures see improvements. Bizarre graphical issues like stretching character noses get remedied. Equipment tooltips behave more consistently on controllers. These nitty-gritty changes enhance polish.
A Standout Patch Correcting Core Weaknesses
Rather than introducing splashy new content, update 1.005.005 zeroes in on fundamental flaws holding Baldur’s Gate 3 back. Smoothing technical issues, bolstering multiplayer, and restoring broken gameplay systems makes the whole experience less frustrating. This allows the intricate world, compelling characters, and tactical combat room to shine. As the first update since September’s massive Patch 4, holiday hotfix 1.005.005 rights wrongs and sets the stage for an even better 2023.
Check out the complete Patch Notes for BG3 Hotfix 15 to discover all the updates in the BG3 December 21 patch notes. Find out what’s new in this latest release!
Crashes and Blockers:
- Fixed a potential crash during autosave after moving to another level.
- Fixed a multiplayer crash that could occur for the client when the host loads a savegame after a Game Over screen.
- Fixed a crash related to deleted physics objects.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when you disarmed an NPC twice during combat and made them drop two different weapons (e.g. because they were dual-wielding), incapacitated them, and ended the combat without killing them, and then the incapacitating condition got removed.
- Fixed not being able to load a savegame that was started with a mod that’s now missing.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on Xbox when losing internet connection while editing a lobby name.
- Fixed a potential crash on Xbox related to the game checking whether you have the Deluxe Edition.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when swapping to Honour Mode.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing levels.
Performance and Code:
- Fixed potential performance issues at the end of the cinematic where Shadowheartkills Nightsong
in the Shadowfell.
- Fixed an issue related to lava bubbles near the Sentient Amulet in Grymforge causing savegames to become very large.
- Fixed a memory issue when closing containers on controller.
- Fixed the Low Model Quality option sometimes not working as expected.
- Fixed an issue that could make certain special items, like the Idol of Silvanus, enter the wrong state when decluttered to a Traveller’s Chest.
- Reduced memory usage related to animation skinning.
- Fixed the Traveller’s Chests sometimes disappearing when changing to or from Honour Mode in the Multiplayer Settings.
- Fixed a multiplayer issue where, if the host was controlling a companion and a split-screen client joined the game, the client would gain control of the host’s avatar.
- Fixed a multiplayer issue where a reconnecting player wouldn’t get their characters assigned back to them correctly.
- Fixed Player 2 not being able to prepare spells if Player 1 moves their focus during a split-screen game.
Flow and Gameplay:
- Addressed an issue that prevented you from talking to NPCs at camp when going to camp via the Long Rest button.
- Fixed some wrong character behaviours likely introduced in Patch 4.
- The ‘Deal with the Devil’ quest now accounts for different outcomes in the Epilogue.
- Karlach should now get her scene inAvernus
, regardless of whether she’s an avatar or a companion.
- Fixed companions not being able to jump when following the player character.
- Fixed an issue where ending the tutorial with only Lae’zel alive prevented you from saving the game in Act I.
- Fixed Gale’s dialogue ending abruptly when you ask him what he wanted to show.
- Fixed player factions sometimes becoming hostile towards each other when they shouldn’t.
- Fixed Create or Destroy Water only casting Create Water at Level 2.
- The Korean language pack is now enabled on Mac.
- Fixed some weapon textures.
- Fixed several cases of what we’ve dubbed the Pinocchio issue, where characters’ noses (and cheeks) get stretched in cinematics. They also happen to lose their eyeballs, turning the sockets into pits of flesh.
- Fixed equipment tooltips opened via the Inventory sometimes randomly closing on controller without player input.