Have you ever watched an anime that changed your life? Or, at the very least, made you laugh or cheered you up when you most needed it? Anime quotes are often inspirational and memorable. But what are the best anime quotes of all time?
Anime quotes also serve as a metonymy for anime as a whole, as a turning point in the animation industry that still shapes it today. The revolutionary shift from cartoons to animated movies was only the beginning of how anime would irrevocably change the landscape of not just entertainment, but storytelling in general. It is for that reason that most anime quotes are surprisingly profound; they express values and ideals that aren’t often found in other mediums.
A lot of anime quotes are full of wisdom that you could apply to your own life. Anime quotes are inspirational and motivate us to be better, whether it’s in our future endeavors or in the daily struggles we endure. With this in mind, let us begin with the best anime quotes of all time!
Whether you’re an anime die-hard or just a casual fan, the best quotes will always offer a deeper appreciation for your favourite series. Today, we will be bringing you 100+ of the most memorable anime quotes of all time. We have short One Piece quotes, long Tokyo Ghoul quotes, Fairy Tail quotes, Naruto quotes, & many more!
Best Anime Quotes of All Time
There are so many anime quotes it’s hard to keep track of them all. That’s why we have decided to create a list of the best anime quotes of all time. We will be updating this list as new quotes come out too. So without further adue, here is a list of the top 150+ best anime quotes of all time.
Everybody loves Naruto Quotes, but not everybody knows where to find them. This post contains the most inspirational, motivational and great famous quotes from Naruto Anime for you. All Naruto quotes are carefully picked from those episodes that have been aired from this decade to the decade, all the way to those classic episodes from the beginning of our beloved anime.
- “If you don’t like the hand that fate’s dealt you with, fight for a new one.” – Naruto
- “I’m not gonna run away, I never go back on my word! That’s my nindo: my ninja way.” – Naruto
- “If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead have the courage to change it the way you want it to be.” – Naruto Uzumaki
- “Growth occurs when one goes beyond one’s limits. Realizing that is also part of training.” – Itachi Uchiha
- “A smile is the easiest way out of a difficult situation.” – Sakura Haruno
- “Never give up without even trying. Do what you can, no matter how small the effect it may have!” – Onoki
- “The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.” – Madara Uchiha
- “Rejection is a part of any man’s life. If you can’t accept and move past rejection, or at least use it as writing material – you’re not a real man.” – Jiraiya
- “When people are protecting something truly special to them, they truly can become as strong as they can be.” – Naruto
- “Every one of us must do what’s in their power! If we’re going to die anyway, then it’s better to die fighting than to do nothing!” – Sakura Haruno
- “Somebody told me I’m a failure, I’ll prove them wrong.” – Naruto
- “Failing doesn’t give you a reason to give up, as long as you believe.” – Naruto
- “Don’t underestimate me! I don’t quit and I don’t run.” – Naruto
- “My friends were the first to accept me for who I am.” – Naruto
- “The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate.” – Obito Uchiha
- “It’s not the face that makes someone a monster, it’s the choices they make with their lives.” – Naruto
- “Those who forgive themselves, and are able to accept their true nature… They are the strong ones!” – Itachi Uchiha
- “I want to be with you. From now on, I want to spend all and every single one of my days until I die with you, and only you.” – Naruto Uzumaki
- “Because they saved me from myself, they rescued me from my loneliness. They were the first to accept me for who I am. They’re my friends.” – Naruto Uzumaki
- “A place where someone still thinks about you is a place you can call home.” – Jiraiya
- “When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred.” – Madara Uchiha
- “If you don’t share someone’s pain, you can never understand them.” – Nagato
- “Love breeds sacrifice, which in turn breeds hatred. Then you can know pain.” – Naruto
- “It is only through the eyes of others that our lives have any meaning.” – Haku
- “I care more about others than I do myself, and I won’t let anyone hurt them.” – Naruto
One Piece Quotes
One Piece is a manga that will leave an impression in your heart. It is one of the best manga series we’ve seen. If you like adventure, romance and drama, this is for you. Maybe you heard about other people’s experiences with One Piece and you should try it.
If you happened to read this article and interest has been sparked, dive into this article about the best quotes from One Piece and find out what makes it the best manga series of all times.
- “Doesn’t matter who you’re born to… Everyone’s still a child of the sea!!” – Whitebeard, ‘One Piece’.
- “When you decided to go to the sea, it was your own decision. Whatever happens to you on the sea, it depends on what you’ve done!” – Roronoa Zoro, ‘One Piece’.
- “The weak don’t get to decide anything, not even how they die.” – Trafalgar D. Water Law, ‘One Piece’.
- “Forgetting is like a wound. The wound may heal but it has already left a scar.” – Monkey D. Luffy, ‘One Piece’.
- “People don’t fear god, fear itself is god” – Enel, ‘One Piece’.
- “One may stray from the path of a man, one may stray from the path of a woman, but there is no straying from the path of a human!” – Bon Kurei, ‘One Piece’.
- “Death is never an apology.” – Brook, ‘One Piece’.
- “The government says your existence is a crime, but no matter what kind of weapons you may hold, just being alive isn’t a sin! There’s no crime in living!” – Franky, ‘One Piece’.
- “‘Loneliness’ is no longer part of my vocabulary.”– Brook, ‘One Piece’.
- “This thing called Justice… changes its shape depending on where you stand.” – Kuzan, ‘One Piece’.
- “When the world shoves you around, you just gotta stand up and shove back. It’s not like somebody’s gonna save you if you start babbling excuses.” – Roronoa Zoro, ‘One Piece’.
- “Then just become stronger. I have my ambition, you have your ambition too. Which means you should just keep walking forward towards that goal.” – Monkey D. Luffy, ‘One Piece’.
- “What do you know of death? Have you ever died? You think death will preserve your cause forever?” – Brook, ‘One Piece’.
- “I’m going to be the world’s greatest swordsman! All I have left is my destiny! My name may be infamous… but it’s gonna shake the world!” – Roronoa Zoro, ‘One Piece’.
- “No matter how hard or how impossible it is, never lose sight of your goal.” – Monkey D. Luffy, ‘One Piece’.
- “It may be hard right now… But you must silence those thoughts! Stop counting only those things that you have lost! What is gone, is gone.” – Jinbei, ‘One Piece’.
- It’s okay to lose your way… just don’t lose sight of what you have decided.” – Roronoa Zoro, ‘One Piece’.
- “Power isn’t determined by your size, but the size of your heart and dreams.” – Monkey D. Luffy, ‘One Piece’.
- “You can spill drinks on me, even spit on me. I’ll just laugh about it. But If you dare to hurt my friends… I won’t forgive you!” – Shanks, ‘One Piece’.
- “Being strong isn’t just about having power or move, it about one’s spirit.” – Roronoa Zoro, ‘One Piece’.
- “I’ll die smiling! Because if you ever think of me in the future, I want you to remember me smiling.” – Donquixote Rosinante, ‘One Piece’.
- “Men who can’t wipe away the tears from a woman’s eyes aren’t real men.” – Sanji, ‘One Piece’.
- “In the last moment of his life, he turned his fading ‘flame of life’ into a huge fire that enveloped the world. I’ve never laughed more than on that day” – Gol D. Roger, ‘One Piece’.
- “There can be no happiness in a world where the undesirables are thrown away.” – Monkey D. Dragon, ‘One Piece’.
- “What keeps me alive in this world is neither bodily organs nor muscles, it’s my soul.” – Brook, ‘One Piece’.
Fairy Tail Quotes
Fairy Tail Quotes are special quotes that fans of the anime love to use. These Fairy Tail Quotes are used by fans of the series as they try to understand the feelings within each character. A lot of these quotes are best understood through their context so after watching an episode comparing it to the exact quote will help you understand what it means.
Fairy tail is a wacky anime that will entertain you to the highest. Fairy tail quotes will make you laugh and cry at the same time.
- ‘I was once weak, I was always afraid, I hidden my tears, but I kept on going, I kept on believing, I followed my heart, I found my courage, and I realised if I hadn’t believed in myself, then I wouldn’t have become the person I am today” – Erza Scarlet
- “There are people in this world that enjoy being alone, but there isn’t a single person that can bear solitude.” – Makarov Dreyar
- “We don’t have to know what tomorrow holds! That’s why we can live for everything we’re worth today!” – Natsu Dragneel
- “You don’t need a reason to cry. All you need to feel is the warmth that dwells in your chest.” – Lucy Heartfilia
- “All living things eventually die. It’s unavoidable. But as long as you remember, it will live on in your heart forever.” – Lisanna Strauss
- “Care too little, you lose them. Care too much, you get hurt.” – Gajeel Redfox
- “What were you doing inside of me?! I don’t ever remember eating you!” – Natsu Dragneel
- “It’s a hundred years too early for you to pick a fight with Mages like us.” – Lucy Heartfilia
- “You don’t die for your friends, you live for them” – Erza Scarlet
- “Your so called “hope” is to throw the past into despair?” – Natsu Dragneel
- “You have three choices, you can give up, give in or give it your all.” – Lucy Heartfilia
- “Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with a lie.”– Erza Scarlet
- “Ice can even stop the time of life itself. So, you’ll never be able to catch up, for eternity. You’ll always be stuck there, staring at the fairy tail.” – Gray Fullbuster
- “I refuse to stand by and watch you give up. I won’t lose you, I can’t. We’ll walk away from this battle together.
Erza Scarlet. It’s not a crime! Caring about your friends is not a crime!” – Lucy Heartfilia
- “Don’t give up. It’s not over yet. Bring it on, b*st*rd… I’m standing right here!” – Natsu Dragneel
- “There’s a wall that can’t be destroyed with just power. However, there is a type of power that can destroy that wall. The Power of Feelings.” – Mavis Vermilion
- “Save the tears for when we win.” – Natsu Dragneel
- “Feelings can be controlled, but tears never lie.”– Erza Scarlet
- “I am not going to stand here and lecture you about how to live a just and proper life… But… I will stand here and tell you to live one that has some meaning.” – Belno
- “Don’t judge me unless you have looked through my eyes, experienced what I went through and cried as many tears as me. Until then back-off, cause you have no idea.” – Lucy Heartfilia
- “We’ll stop it, even if my body crumbles to bits, I’ll stop it with my soul!” – Natsu Dragneel
- “If you don’t have the courage to change things then you might as well just die!!!” – Natsu Dragneel
- “Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you.” – Lucy Heartfilia
- “Magic is not meant to be used to kill people… but without power we can’t protect the ones we love” – Mirajane Strauss
- “It’s not the goodbyes that hurt, it’s the flashbacks that follow.” – Gray Fullbuster
Tokyo Ghoul Quotes
Maybe you are the kind of fan who likes to use quotes from your favorite series as your profile quote, or maybe it brings back memories. Whatever your reason for wanting quotes from Tokyo Ghoul , here are some selected Tokyo Ghoul quotes for you to enjoy!
- “There’s no such thing as fate. It’s simply a combination of one circumstance and the next.” -Rize Kamishiro.
- “Whose fault is it that things ended up like this?” -Rize Kamishiro.
- “There are times when you have to give up on one thing to preserve the other.” -Rize Kamishiro.
- “If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be… a tragedy.” -Kaneki Ken.
- “The pain you feel today will be the strength you’ll have tomorrow.” –Kaneki Ken.
- “All of the liabilities in this world are due to the inadequacies of the person involved.” -Kaneki Ken.
- “Why is it that beautiful things entwined more deeply with death than with life?” -Kaneki Ken.
- “We need to stop fighting, and start talking. Because when it comes to the state of the world, you can’t point your finger at ghouls or humans. We’re all to blame.” -Kaneki Ken.
- “Sometimes good people make bad choices, it doesn’t mean they are bad people. It means they are human.” -Kishou Arima.
- “We’re all just human at the end of the day. Even the best and the nicest people make mistakes, so please take it easy on yourself.” -Kishou Arima.
Sad Anime Quotes
Anime is very powerful in terms of bringing out emotions from deep within us. I’m talking about that wide spectrum of emotions that will bring you on an emotional roller coaster ride, and sad anime quotes is one of them. Here are some sad anime quotes that you can relate.
- “Cry when you’re sad. Laugh when you’re happy. Get angry when you don’t like something. Depend on someone when you’re depressed. Care for yourself before you care for others. Don’t hate anyone. Be proud of yourself. Stay loyal when you fall in love.” – Otonashi Maria
- “You idiot. You’d gotten yourself up in a tizzy about romance, right? “Love” you experience in that state is just self-delusion. There’s no point in getting depressed over love like that.” – Kyouya Sata
- “I haven’t done anything yet. Getting depressed and losing confidence is way too egotistical.” – Sorata Kanda
- “I wish people who say: “I’d rather die” would actually die before they say it. So that they’ll know how I feel.” – Subaru Natsuki
- “If you let yourself get depressed, you’d be making light of the people who trust and follow you.” – Ogami Rei
- “Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway. In the end, there’s nothing you can do.” – Gintoki Sakata
- “The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don’t wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.” – Jellal Fernandes
- “Humans die. Animals die. Plants die. Even soul reapers die. It’s the arch of the universe. Everything that comes to life eventually ceases to exist.” – Baraggan Louisenbairn
- “I bet dead people are easier to get along with.” – Crona
- “The thing I wished for destroyed my whole family. I brought all this suffering down on my family because I made a wish for my dad without knowing what he really wanted.” – Kyoko Sakura
- “It’s okay to feel depressed. It takes time to overcome things. And then, by taking that time, you just start moving forward again. That’s just what humans do.” – Mondo Oowada
- “Living is anxiety and pain. It’s continuing to think, continuing to choose.” – Alcor
- “Are you listening god? The thing is, mom and dad don’t like each other anymore. And it’s my fault for being such a useless daughter.” – Hatori Shikishima
- “The past makes you wanna die out of regret and the future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.” – Hachiman Hikigaya
- “I finally get a bouquet and it’s a goodbye present. That’s depressing.” – Chihiro Ogino
Funny Anime Quotes
Humor is one of the hardest things to translate from one language to another, and anime has it’s fair share of funny quotes as well as awkward moments. It’s quite often the little thing’s that make anime so funny. If you can catch these moments, you could come across as a true otaku and impress all your friends. Take a look on these funny anime quotes.
- “No, it can’t be seven! Say eight, dammit! Eight is better.” – Death the Kid, Soul Eater Episode 6
- “If I kill you, that means I’ll be the one closest to you when you’re on your deathbed. Isn’t it romantic”. – Senjougahara Hitagi from Bakemonogatari
- “If I get reincarnated…. I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
- “Azmaria is amazing. She’s already learning how to kiss up to rich people at such an age…” – Rosette (Chrno Crusade)
- “An angel? So Whis is an angel? But he’s got no wings, and his butts are not hanging out.” – Goku.
- “For a pregnant woman to give birth, she’s gotta feel the pain of pulling a watermelon out of her nostril. For an artist to create a masterpiece, he’s gotta feel the pain of pulling entire galaxies out of his ass.” – Gintoki Sakata.
- “Excuse me, but are you by any chance the oddball in your family?” – Ash Ketchum.
- “If you use your head, you won’t get fat even if you eat sweets.” – L Lawliet.
- “Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don’t underestimate us.” – Kondou Isao (Gorilla)
- “Don’t tell me he wants to conquer the world? Can’t he come up with something more original?” – Lina Inverse
Anime Quotes About Love
Anime quotes about love are some of the best quotes you will find anywhere. There are countless great anime quotes about love that sayings about love in anime will inspire you every time. Anime is so special because not only does it depict heart wrenching stories, but it also gives you an insight on the different types of real love. Here are list of some of the great anime quotes about love. Take a look below on these.
- “Love is simply an electrical bug in the human neural circuit.” – Akasaka Ryuunosuke, ‘My Pet Girl Sakurasou’.
- “Love is like a mirror that reflects your bad side. Especially when it’s unrequited, you get envious, jealous, prejudiced, and resentful. You have to face all sorts of emotions, but there’s no reason to find that shameful.” – Margery Daw, ‘Shakugan No Shana’.
- “The moment you find the courage to give up your life for someone… would be the moment you understand love.” –Kenshin Himura, ‘Samurai X’.
- “I guess somehow without me knowing, it just feels so natural now, to have Kagome by my side.” – Inuyasha, ‘Inuyasha’.
- “I want to be with you. From now on, I want to spend all and every single one of my days until I die with you, and only you.” –Naruto Uzumaki, ‘Naruto’.
- “Love is never as simple as sharing the same path.” – Khamsin, ‘Shakugan No Shana’.
- “Love, passion, why do we get caught up by such troublesome feelings? The mind couldn’t ever get things straight, and you lose control to know what is sensible. Deep down it’s all so vexing.” – Usui Takumi, ‘Maid Sama!’
- “If it’s possible for one person to be hurt by another, then it’s possible for that person to be healed by another.” –Sohma Hatori, ‘Fruits basket’.
- “Even If I lose this feeling, I’m sure that I’ll just fall in love with you all over again.” – Syaoran Li, ‘Cardcaptor Sakura’.
- “Once you fall in love, you really love that person through thick and thin.” – Oka Chinami, ‘Golden Time!’
Anime Quotes About Life
Have you ever wondered what quotes from Anime best summarizes life? Well, We’ve all had good anime quotes about life. Anime can be a little hard to fully express some of your deepest feelings while viewing through the happiness, sadness and anger.
Anime quotes about life can be inspiring or nonsensical. Although it’s not always easy to find the truly inspirational quotes, there are plenty of well-written anime quotes for life that can really speak to you. That is why we are here to help you discover which anime quotes about life are really worth reading.
- “The world isn’t perfect. But it’s there for us, doing the best it can… that’s what makes it so damn beautiful.” — Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
- “To know sorrow is not terrifying. What is terrifying is to know you can’t go back to happiness you could have.” — Matsumoto Rangiku (Bleach)
- “We are all like fireworks: We climb, we shine and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even when that time comes, let’s not disappear like a firework and continue to shine… forever.” — Hitsugaya Toshiro (Bleach)
- “Those who stand at the top determine what’s wrong and what’s right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But, of course, it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!” — Don Quixote Doflamingo (One Piece)
- “Fear is not evil. It tells you what weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger as well as kinder.” — Gildarts Clive (Fairy Tail)
- “Whatever you lose, you’ll find it again. But what you throw away you’ll never get back.” — Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan)
- “Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! Those are the facts of this world! And you will all surrender to them, you pigs in human clothing!” — Satsuki Kiryuuin (Kill la Kill)
- “I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!” — Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
- “Religion, ideology, resources, land, spite, love or just because no matter how pathetic the reason, it’s enough to start war. War will never cease to exist… reasons can be thought up after the fact. Human nature pursues strife.” — Paine (Naruto Shippuden)
- “People, who can’t throw something important away, can never hope to change anything.” — Armin Arlert (Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan)
Deep Anime Quotes
One of the best things about Japanese anime is how it makes you think and feel about life. There are anime quotes for every occasion and they always seem to perfectly match your mood. Watching anime can give you a lot of insight on life as some sayings such as “You’ll never know what the future holds” or “You can’t change the past, but people deserve second chances” are common threads in your everyday anime.
- “Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive.” – Yato
- “Those painful memories are what help us make it to tomorrow and become stronger.” – Erza Scarlet
- “I read in some book that sad and painful things are the spices of an enjoyable life… But I seem to get nothing but spices!” – Tomoko Kuroki
- “Is it painful to be the person who waits? Or is it more painful to be the person who makes others wait? Either way, there’s no need to wait anymore. That’s what is most painful.” – Takada
- “It’s painful when you get disappointed by the person you look up to.” – Misaki Ayuzawa
- “If you want to protect humans and remain human, you shouldn’t throw away your feelings, no matter how painful it is.” – Tsuchimiya Garaku
- “God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn’t think we could bear it.” – Yuuki Konno
- “It’s okay to live, even if there’s no greater point to living.” – Yuuki Konno
- “When you are feeling sad… smile, even if you have to force yourself… If you cry when it gets painful… it will only get more painful.” – Chie
- “Why did you run away, Chitoge-chan? No… I don’t want this… I won’t be happy with you just giving up… To end up liking the same person. It’s painful.” – Onodera Kosaki
Inspirational Anime Quotes
Inspirational anime quotes can be used throughout your daily life, and they can encourage you to do better. Inspirational anime quotes allow you to remember the most important things in your life and allows you to reflect on where you’ve been and where you’re going. As silly as it sounds, many of the great movies that we know today started with an inspirational Anime quote. I’ve read a lot of quotes and here are some of my favorites:
- “A real ninja is one who endures no matter what gets thrown at him … All you do need, is the guts to never give up.” – Jiraiya.
- “A person grows up when he’s able to overcome hardships. Protection is important, but there are some things that a person must learn on his own.” – Jiraiya.
- “Never underestimate your opponent, no matter how small they may seem.” – Shino Aburame.
- “People who continue to put their lives on the line to defend their faith become heroes and continue to exist on in legend.” – Naruto Uzumaki.
- “If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead have the courage to change it the way you want it to be.” – Naruto Uzumaki.
- “Life is like a pencil that will surely run out, but will leave the beautiful writing of life.” – Nami.
- “Fools who don’t respect the past are likely to repeat it.” – Nico Robin.
- “Power isn’t determined by your size, but the size of your heart and dreams!” – Monkey D Luffy.
- “The moon does not mourn over the dead. What it does is shine a light on the truth.” – Shinichi Kudo.
- ‘Words are like swords. If you use them the wrong way, they can turn into ugly weapons.” – Shinichi Kudo.
We hope you enjoyed reading through this list of the fifty best anime quotes of all time. Our list includes a variety of sayings from beloved series, including Naruto, One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, Fairy Tail and more. Many of these quotes will speak to anime fans of all ages and genders. And since anime spans such a broad spectrum of styles and subjects, there is something for everyone here.