Update 50830 for Age of Empires (AOE) 3: Definitive Edition is now released by Microsoft and here are the full patch notes details. The update introduces a brand new game mode, the Age of Empires II Definitive Edition Celebration Event, 7 new Aztec Cards, and two new maps, one American and one African.
Balance changes are also included in this update to help balance underpowered units. Users must download and install this update on Steam. Below you will find all the details about Age of Empires 3 (AOE) Update 50830.
Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition Update 50830 Patch Notes Details, November 9, 2021
While there are plenty of notable fixes and features to look forward to in today’s build, here are some of the big highlights coming with this month’s update:
- New Game Mode: Empire Wars!
- Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Celebration Event
- 7 NEW Aztec Cards
- Additional Aztec Homecity Customization
- Unlockable Aztec Warchief skins
- 2 New American Maps and 1 New African Map
- Gameplay tweaks to a range of ‘underwhelming’ units, including Jaguar Prowl Knights, Halberdiers and Grenadiers
- Gameplay tweaks to United States units and Exploration Age Federal States
- Unit selection cap raised from 50 to 60
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Forum
The Age of Empires Official Discord
Thank you for sharing in yet another major milestone for Age of Empires with us! We hope you enjoy all the changes and look forward to sharing in all the adventures yet to come!
—The Age of Empires Team
◆ UPDATE 50830 ◆
BUILD SPOTLIGHTWhile there are plenty of notable fixes and features to which to look forward in today’s build, here are some of the big highlights coming with this month’s update:
NEW CARDS!Calmecac (I)
“Ships 1 Warrior Priest. The next Council Member you research or are researching, will Age-up twice as fast.”
- Can be used with any politician
Calendar Ceremony (I)
“Ships 1 Warrior Priest. Enables the new Calendar Ceremony at the Community Plaza which reduces the cost of your next Age-up, overtime.”
- For each Villager tasked to the Calendar Ceremony, the next Age-up cost is reduced by 0.5 resources per second (split evenly between food and coin)
- Switching Ceremonies does not cancel any progress
- Warrior Priests work at the rate of 2 Villagers, as usual
- Affects all Alliances for each age, but affect them one at a time (i.e., the cost of the Imperial Age would not decrease until you start researching the Industrial Age)
Ritual Gladiators (III)
“Ships 1 Jaguar Prowl Knight for each 2 you have lost so far (up to a maximum of 16).”
- i.e., Would ship 16 Jaguar Prowl Knights if 32 have been defeated when this card arrives
5 Warrior Priests (III)
“Ships 5 Warrior Priests.”
- Ships 5 Warriors Priests
Wall of Skulls (IV)
“Ships 1 Skull Knight for each 2 you have lost so far (up to a maximum of 13.)””
- i.e., Would ship 13 Skull Knights if 26 have been defeated when this card arrives
Otontin Slinger Combat (IV)
“Otontin Slinger improved in combat.”
- Hitpoints improved by 10%
- Damage improved by 10%
Chichimeca Rebellion (IV)
“Rebellion! The resistance of the Chichimeca ennobles your present War Hut warriors and turns them into Knights. Villagers become Warriors instead of getting defeated.”
- Puma Spearmen become Champion Jaguar Prowl Knights
- Coyote Runners become Champion Eagle Runner Knights
- Otontin Slingers become Champion Arrow Knights.
- When defeated, Villagers transform into the Warrior unit obtainable from the Call the People Ceremony at the Community Plaza
NEW GAME MODE: EMPIRE WARS
Today, we’re excited to bring Empire Wars to Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition – an additional game mode to accompany Supremacy, Treaty and Deathmatch, available NOW to everyone!
Like in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, Empire Wars puts players into the action right away with additional resources and a bolstered economy. However, instead of a pre-built town, players use a steady trickle of free Homecity Construction Wagons to grow their town with buildings they choose – making what you build and when a valuable decision!
- Gameplay begins in the Exploration Age with enough resources to choose a first Politician bonus, Wonder, or Federal State, etc, right away!
- All Cards and each Age-Up deliver Construction Wagons that can make nearly all default buildings (excluding Houses*, TCs and Banks)
- In Empire Wars shipments are earned more often and ship faster, additionally, an extra one is awarded upon reaching the Commerce Age, ensuring every match begins on even footing
- Many buildings are available an age sooner – including one Town Center
- Most civs begin with a free Outpost Wagon or Castle rickshaw — other starting units/resources vary as per balance requirements
|Civ||Food||Wood||Coin||Expt / Influ||Workers||Livestock||Wagons|
|GERMANS||1100||200||400||0||5 Settler Wagons||None||Outpost|
|UNITED STATES||1200||300||100||0||12 Settlers||None||Outpost|
|CHINESE||1000||400||100||175||12 Villagers||1 Goat||Castle|
|INCA||1100||200||100||0||11 Villagers||1 Llama||None|
|ETHIOPIANS||900||100||100||200||10 Villagers||5 Livestock||None|
|HAUSA||900||100||100||200||8 Villagers||4 Livestock||None|
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Celebration Event!
🤍 November 9 through November 28 🤍
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition is celebrating the anniversary of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition with an all new and unique event!
🡒 NEW REWARDS!
Starting TODAY through November 28th, complete the in-game tasks within the time limit to unlock exclusive rewards!
|Day ~||🎯 Sign in to Xbox Live.|
🏆 Profile Icon Unlock – AoE II Male Villager.
🏆 Profile Icon Unlock – AoE II Female Villager.
|Day 1||🔒 Deal 1999 damage using Hussars in a Single player skirmish or Multiplayer game.|
🧱 Mod Unlock – Winged Hussar.
|Day 2||🔒 Deal 2013 damage to any infantry units in a Single player skirmish or Multiplayer game.|
🏆 Profile Icon Unlock – AoE II Jaguar Warrior.
🧱 Unlock Customization – Unlock Aztec Warchief Moctezuma Customization.
|Day 3||🔒 Deal 2019 damage with Elephants units in a Single player skirmish or Multiplayer game (Mahout, Howdah, Flail Elephant, Siege Elephant, War Elephant, Aiz the tame Elephant)|
🏆 Profile Icon Unlock – AoE II Persian War Elephant.
|Day 4||🔒 Train 10 Petards in a Single player skirmish or Multiplayer game.|
🏆 Profile Icon Unlock – Petard wearing sunglasses.
|Day 5||🔒 Win a Single player skirmish or Multiplayer match as the Aztecs.|
🏆 Profile Icon Unlock – AoE II Eagle Warrior.
🧱 Unlock Customization – Unlock Aztec Warchief Tonatiuh Customization.